Who Are The Organisers?
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) was founded by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal
(SVKM) in 1981. The institute was set-up by SVKM to cater to the growing demand for management education.
In 2003, Deemed to be University status was granted to NMIMS by the Government of India on the advice of the UGC. NMIMS’s commitment to education and institution creation, led to its expansion across cities to impart courses in several streams. Apart from Mumbai, NMIMS has sprawling campuses in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Indore, Dhule, Shirpur and Navi Mumbai. NMIMS today has over 17 schools and 16 disciplines under its umbrella.
The School of Law at the Bengaluru campus initiated its operations from 2019 and has since grown exponentially, supported by research, strong curriculum and world – class faculty. The academic facilities provided at NMIMS are at par with global standards. School of Law, Bengaluru Campus, has always fostered a culture of learning, development, employability and growth. We are proud torch-bearers in our unwavering commitment towards gaining increasing credibility and achieving excellence.
Boston University School of Law is one of the nation’s top law schools with a history of excellence dating back
to 1872. Our faculty are consistently recognized for exceptional teaching, preeminent scholarship, and
transformative mentorship. With more than 25,000 alumni living in all 50 states and more than 100 countries
around the world, our graduates have access to a vast global network that contributes to their professional success. The BU Law complex, comprised of the state-of-the-art Sumner M. Redstone Building and adjoining 17-story tower, is located in the heart of Boston overlooking the Charles River.
Recognizing and upholding human rights has long been accepted as a central tenet by just civilization. It is also
recognized that all segments of society irrespective of any distinction must accompany universal human rights
goals uniformly. The One Day International conference on “Emerging Global Dimensions of Human Rights in the Contemporary Era” aims to initiate and contribute to the public dialogue on human rights and enhance the need to build structures and frameworks that enhance respect and protection of human rights for all and ensure access to remedies in cases of human rights violations. This conference will serve as a platform for academicians, students, human rights activists, lawyers and other stakeholders from across the globe to come forward to reflect upon various issues on Human Rights.
What Are The Details Of The Event?
- Theme: Emerging Global Dimensions of Human Rights in the Contemporary Era
- Broad Themes: The Organizing Committee welcomes original papers, relating to, but not limited to the following broad themes mentioned below as they are indicative. The authors are free to send abstract/paperon any other area they feel is relevant to the theme of the Conference.
- Changing contours of Gender Justice in the current century
- Corporate liability under International Human Rights Law
- Climate Change and Environmental Justice
- Sustainable Development and Human Rights
- Equality, Non-discrimination and Human Rights
- Health as a Human Right
- Date of the event: 21st July 2023
- Mode: Hybrid Mode
- Venue: SVKM’s NMIMS, Bengaluru.
- Last date to submit an abstract: 15th June 2023
- Date of Intimation of Acceptance: 22nd June, 2023
- Last date for Registration and Fee Payment: 27th June, 2023
- Last Date for Submission of Full paper: 15th July, 2023
- Publication Opportunity: Only Selected papers shall be published after the Conference. Due information regarding publication shall be shared with the authors separately.
- Registration form: CLICK HERE to fill the registration form
- Registration fee:Registration Fees for Participation without Paper Presentation: Rs. 1000/ &
- Registration Fees for Paper Presentation are as follows:
- Academicians/ Professionals/Lawyers: Single Author: Rs. 2000/- [Foreign National: 25 USD]
- Research Scholars: Single Author: Rs. 1200/- [Foreign National: 15 USD]
- Students: Single Author: Rs. 800/- [Foreign National: 10 USD]
- Co- Authors (Co-authorship up to maximum of 2 authors is allowed.) need to register separately and pay thefees as per their category.
- Payment Details:
- Bank Name: Bank of Baroda ,
- Name In A/C’S SVKM’S NMIMS UNIVERSITY Over Draft
- Account No.: 89470400000299
- IFSC/RTGS CODE: BARB0VJBGHA
- Bank/Branch Address: Bannerghatta Near National Park Main Branch, Bangalore: – 560083
- Rules For Participation/ Presentation:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively;
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees;
- For participation, registration is mandatory by paying the required fees. Only registered participants shall be allowed to take part in the Conference.
- Certificates shall be presented to all Presenters and participants.
- Submission Guidelines For Abstract Submission:
- The Abstract (of about 150 – 300 words) should be sent as an attachment in .docx format. Abstract will be peer-reviewed before it is accepted.
- The following information should be sent along with the Abstract on the front page: Title of Abstract , Name of the Author/Co-Authors, Designation, Affiliation, Contact Number, Email id & Keys Words must be 4 to 6 words.
- Submit your abstract by CLICK HERE
- Co-authorship up to maximum of 2 authors is allowed, co- authors must register separately.
- Submission Guidelines For Full Paper Submission: After intimation of acceptance of abstract, author/s are required to submit the full-length paper according to the following guidelines:
- The length of the paper should be between 4000-5500 words (including footnotes)
- The submission shall be in MS-Word format (.doc or.docx) and must be typed in A4 paper with one inch margin on all the sides.
- Font size shall be Times New Roman, 12, with Line spacing 1.5 and Alignment ‘justify’. Font size for the footnotes shall be Time New Roman 10, with 1 spacing.
- Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (21st Edition) shall be followed for footnoting.
- Submissions should be the original work of the contributors. Full paper has to be accompanied by a declaration of originality and non-submission/publication elsewhere.
- The authors are required to follow the below mentioned details: Name of the Author/Co-Authors, Designation, Affiliation, Contact Number & Email id
- Submit your full paper by CLICK HERE
For More Information:
For any queries, kindly contact to Ms. Soumya Tongaonkar – +91 9975227666, Ms. Shreya Sharma – +91 8310109716 or Email: [email protected]
CLICK HERE To Visit The SVKM’S NMIMS, Bengaluru Website
CLICK HERE To Visit The School Of Law, Boston University Website
For more details, Click Here