The Immediate Office of the Prosecutor (IOP) provides support to the Prosecutor in the day-to-day fulfilment of his functions. IOP contributes to the Office’s overall aims of being an effective and efficient organ which upholds the highest professional standards by participating in the implementation of best practices and performing a number of critical support, review and advisory functions, such as providing substantive advice and administrative assistance to the Prosecutor in the implementation of his functions, quality control and management of the Office.
- Position: Immediate Office of the Prosecutor – Office of the Prosecutor
- Objective: The International Criminal Court (ICC) investigates and, where warranted, tries individual charges with the gravest crimes of concerns to the international community: genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity and crime of aggression. The Court is participating in the global fight to end impunity, and through the international criminal justice, the Court aims to hold those responsible accountable for their crimes and to help prevent the crimes from happening again. You can contribute to this cause by joining the ICC.
- Duty Station: The Hague, Netherlands
- Internship Duration: 3 to 6 months. Interns are required to work full time for a period between three and six months (to be agreed to prior to commencement). Internship placements shall not be extended beyond six months.
- Deadline for Submitting Applications: 11 June 2023
- Application Form: CLICK HERE to login and fill the application form
- Required Qualifications:
- Education: All Candidates must have a Law, International Relations or Political Sciences degree or be in the final stages of their studies at a recognised university. Candidates are expected to have a very good record of academic performance.
- Experience: Internship placements focus on candidates in the early stages of their professional careers therefore practical experience is not an essential prerequisite for selection. Should there be a practical experience that is relevant to the work of the Court, it may be considered an asset. However, such working experience should not exceed 3 (three) years.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Able to adapt to multicultural and multilingual working environments, Possesses strong teamwork skills (listens, consults and communicates proactively) and has acquired a good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications).
- Knowledge of Languages: Proficiency in one of the working languages of the Court, French or English, is required. Working knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another official language of the Court (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
- Other criteria: It is the Court’s objective to have diversity and gender balance. And in line with the ICC’s efforts to improve geographical representation among staff, nationals of non-represented and under-represented countries at the ICC are encouraged to apply. The list can be found here.
The Required Documents & Duties and ResponsibilitiesRelated To The Opportunity
Required Documents for This Application:
Please note that you will need to have the following information ready in order to complete your application:
- A completed “Duties and Responsibilities Form” (refer to step 1 on your eRecruitment Profile page).
- Motivation letter (maximum of 400 words).
- Two reference letters (one academic).
- Scanned copies of university degrees and/or diplomas.
- Scanned copies of official academic transcripts that state your courses, results and completion date.
- One short essay on a subject relevant to the work of the Court (maximum of 750 words, single spaced, type written).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the IOP, one of more of the following tasks are typically assigned during placement for selected participants working directly in the Immediate Office:
- Assist with Research and preparation of background reports;
- Assist with Drafting memoranda, reports, letters, briefing notes, speeches and other correspondence;
- Support for the preparation of internal meetings and ensure an accurate recording of meetings;
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the Prosecutor or his delegates in the preparation of his meetings and activities;
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations for internal and external audiences;
- Other tasks as may be required by the IOP.
For More Information:
CLICK HERE To Visit The CCI Website