Oceaneering, Chandigarh, is hiring for the role of Senior Legal Counsel.
About the Organisation
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily for the offshore energy industry.
About the Job
The Senior Legal Counsel serves as both a business partner and a subject matter expert on legal and contract-related matters, with responsibility for ensuring timely, accurate, and risk-weighted legal advice and service.
A member of a collaborative and highly effective legal department, the Senior Legal Counsel works in close collaboration with other Oceaneers across business units and functional departments to enable business and maximize profit in furtherance of the Company’s strategic objectives and within its mission, vision, and values.
The senior legal Counsel reports directly to the Associate/Assistant General Counsel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide accurate, relevant, complete, and timely legal advice (including but not limited to document drafting and review, oral or written advice on legal issues, and managing outside counsel and other legal support providers) to the internal client(s) in accordance with Company policy, risk tolerance, and budget.
- Ensure that the Associate/Assistant General Counsel and other stakeholders are timely made aware of legal issues, risks, and proposed solutions where there is a risk of material impact on the Company’s financial, operational, and reputational results.
- Draft, review, and negotiate various commercial contracts and agreements (including parent company guarantees), and advise other legal, contract, commercial, and/or operations personnel on such matters.
- Experience in supporting businesses operating in some or all of the following territories: [Middle East, Asia Pacific].
- Supervise or support the handling of claims, litigation, and/or internal investigations.
- Advise on labor and employment matters, including policies and practices related to hiring, termination, and restructuring, and on disciplinary, grievance, and discrimination matters.
- Support the establishment and liquidation of subsidiary entities and branches, including advising on drafting and negotiation of joint venture arrangements, as required.
- Advise on and support new country entry (as required for the relevant territory/ies) ensuring that legal requirements are understood by the relevant stakeholders.
- Draft board minutes, shareholder resolutions, and powers of attorney.
- Promote compliance with the Code of Conduct, especially as it relates to anti-corruption, trade controls, antitrust, intellectual property, and other legal topics.
- To the extent assigned by the Chief Legal Officer,
- Serve as the Legal Business Partner to one or more Senior Vice Presidents (SVPs). The Legal Business Partner role requires close coordination and communication with the relevant SVP(s) about business goals and legal and contractual methods for achieving the best results for the business, as well as about ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations that apply to the business; and/or
- Serve as a global Subject Matter Expert in areas of legal specialty, supporting other members of the Legal Department and other Oceaneers.
- Through continuing education and relationships with outside counsel, stay up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules, and regulations that directly affect our business and specific industry.
- Promote legal, compliance, and risk management best practices, including designing, recommending, and implementing relevant company policies and procedures.
- Design and deliver relevant legal training to the business.
- Law degree from an accredited university.
- Licensed (or otherwise eligible to apply for licensure) to practice law in one or more relevant jurisdictions.
- 7+ years of legal experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel for a global business, particularly one with technology and other complex service and manufacturing offerings.
- Litigation, labor & employment, and M&A experience are a plus.
- Fluency in other languages is a plus, particularly Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, French, Hindi, and Arabic.
- Brings a proactive, team-oriented approach.
- Develops and maintains strong professional relationships with Legal colleagues, other Oceaneers, and external customers and suppliers. Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and the ability to effectively communicate across a multinational company.
- Identifies and collaborates with others to improve existing processes in order to achieve greater consistency and efficiency in the delivery of legal support to the business.
- Willing to travel, domestically and internationally, as needed.
How to Apply?
Click on the link given at the end of this post.