Established in 1989, the JSW Foundation (erstwhile Jindal Education and Medical Trust and Jindal South-West Foundation) is the social development arm of the JSW group governed by the ideology that every life is important and must be given fair opportunities to make the best out of it. The Foundation takes conscious steps to support and empower communities, primarily located around its plants. The Foundation is working relentlessly to tackle the issue related to health & nutrition, facilitating to make learning more effective and meaningful, empowering the youth through employable skill programs, ensuring water security through long-term watershed development programs, providing access to sanitation facilities in rural areas to make them open defecation free, preserving and conserving national heritage and promoting sports.
About the opportunity:
The JSW Foundation Fellowship is a transformative two-year youth leadership programme for the most promising young people in the country, that empowers them with deep insights into social development and nurtures a commitment to social change.
Through a personalised leadership journey, Fellows will be equipped to formulate their own understanding of rural and social development, support community and youth development, and affect change at the grassroots level.
The Fellowship is designed to nurture the innate leadership potential of extraordinary young Indians, through four key programme pillars- Skill Building, Rural Immersion, Peer Learning, and Mentorship.
The JSW Foundation works across the thrusts areas such as Water, Environment, Sanitation Sustainable Livelihoods, Community Development, Women Empowerment, Health & Nutrition, which the Fellowship adopts and accelerates innovative action towards. The Fellows will innovate and implement a project under the themes and look after end-to-end project management.
The Fellows will work towards understanding the challenges faced and the interventions in the specific themes they are assigned. At JSW Foundation, we are excited to welcome the first cohort of these young changemakers!
To apply for the JSW Foundation Fellowship Programme you must be :
- A graduate/postgraduate or a young professional with 1-7 years of work experience from a field such as science, humanities, engineering, medicine, agriculture or other professional streams.
- Less than 30 years old as of 1st May 2023
- Conversant in English (as a primary medium of training) and at least 1 Indian language (for field projects)
- While a professional background in social work is not mandatory, those aware of the social sector and NGOs and have had a brief stint with the sector through sporadic or structured engagements are encouraged to apply.
- Potential applicants understand the risks and are willing to commit time for a deep engagement and a potential career in development.
- Step 1: Register on the website and fill out the online application form (CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION FORM)
- Step 2: Applicants to undergo a stringent screening process through telephone interviews
- Step 3: Shortlisted candidates to attend an assessment day where they will be put through various activities to determine their suitability for and commitment to, the programme
- Step 4: Selected Fellows will be invited to join the JSW Fellowship Programme
To know more: www.jswfoundationfellowship.org
Apply now: https://jswfoundationfellowship.org