About The Organisation
The Department of Law, Central University of Kerala has been established in the Year 2014, almost five years after the establishment of the Central University of Kerala. The Department is part of School of Legal Studies. The Department is situated at Thiruvalla, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala. CUK Law Campus is located at Thiruvalla. Their Institution intends to provide high quality legal education and equip students with the necessary knowledge, skills and values that enable them to achieve personal and intellectual growth, pursue creative careers, fulfilling lives, and emerge as civic-minded citizens in an increasingly interconnected world.
The Alumni Association, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala in association with the Department of Law, Central University of Kerala is organizing an International Interdisciplinary Seminar on “Rights, Duties and State Obligations, Post-Truth Revelations”.
Details Of The Event
- Theme: Rights, Duties And State Obligations, Post-Truth Revelations
- Objective: To deliberate on the concerns shared by humanity across the globe with the post-truth conflicts.
- Date of Seminar: July 7th, 2023
- Venue: Department of Law, Central University of Kerala, Thiruvalla, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala.
- Keynote Speaker: PROF. J. DANIXIA CUEVAS J.D. (Professor, Miami Dade College, Florida, USA)
- Last date of abstract submission: 20th June 2023
- Eligibility: The organizers of the Seminar call upon legal professionals, academicians from other social science disciplines, administrators, University students, young and upcoming research scholars, social activists, and the representatives of governmental and nongovernmental organizations to present their research papers relevant to the below-mentioned sub-themes.
- Sub-Themes: The below sub-themes are not exhaustive.
- Human Rights and the Role of the State.
- Societal Duties and State Obligations.
- Correlation of Rights and Duties.
- Post-truth dimensions of Rights and Duties.
- Constitutional Guarantee of Rights vis-à-vis State Obligations.
- Societal Values, Moral Duties, and the Role of the State.
- Directive Principles and State Obligations under the Constitutional Process.
- Judicial Process and Rights Guaranteed in the Post-truth Era.
- Registration: Authors of the selected papers shall register for the Seminar on or before July 3, 2023. The registration fee also includes the fee for conference material and lunch. The organizers will not provide accommodation to the participants.
- Registration fee:
- For graduate and postgraduate students: Rs.1000/-
- For M Phil and Ph.D. research scholars: Rs.1500/-
- For Academicians, Teachers, and other professionals: Rs.3000/-.
- Mode of Payment: Participants can make their payment either online, NEFT, or by cheque/ DD drawn in favor of ALUMNI ASSOCIATION DEPT OF LAW with the below-mentioned account details. Once payment is made kindly send the soft copy of the payment receipt to this mail: [email protected].
- Name of Account Holder: ALUMNI ASSOCIATION DEPT OF LAW
- Account Number: 1982101019537
- Bank: Canara Bank, Thiruvalla, Pathanamthitta, Kerala,
- IFSC: CNRB 0001982
- Best Paper Awards: Awards will be given for the best research papers from the Graduates, Post Graduates, and Research Scholars categories.
- Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- An abstract not exceeding 350 words shall be submitted for consideration on or before June 20, 2023, to [email protected]
- Co-authorship up to two persons are permitted.
- The abstract shall contain:
- Title of paper.
- Brief idea of the paper.
- Conclusion indicating the author’s perspective.
- Keywords of the paper
- The abstract shall indicate the name, designation, Institution details, e-mail address, and Telephone numbers of all contributors. In the case of co-authorship, each author will have to register separately in the event of participation in the conference.
- Selected abstracts will be intimated after blind peer review. Thereafter, the full papers shall be sent on or before June 27, 2023, to [email protected]
- Full Paper Submission Guidelines:
- Length of the paper shall be less than 4000 words (including footnotes)
- Format: MS Word, Font Type: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12 Point, Line Spacing: 1.5
- For the title of the Paper 14 point capitals may be used
- Name and Designation of the author/authors shall be mentioned below the title of the paper
- Harvard BlueBook Style (19th edition) shall be used for citation.
- Full papers shall undergo Blind peer review and Plagiarism check. Plagiarized papers shall be rejected. Revision (if any) suggested by the reviewer of the paper shall be effected. Revisions suggested are on the basis of blind peer review.
- Important Dates:
- Communication of selection of Abstract: June 22, 2023
- Submission of Full Paper: June 27, 2023
- Communication of selection of Full Paper: June 30, 2023
- Submission of Revised Full Paper and Registration fee payment: July 3, 2023
For More Information:
For any queries contact the following:
- Dr. Jayasankar K.I., Professor, Department of Law and Dean School of Legal Studies, Central University of Kerala (Seminar Director) Mob: +91- 8547275314Dr.
- Gireesh Kumar J, Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Law, Central University of Kerala (Seminar Convener) Mob: +91- 9968313515Dr.
- Liji Samuel, Associate Professor, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala (Seminar Co-Convener) Mob: +91- 9497195387
- Dr. Meera S., Assistant Professor, Department of Law, Central University of Kerala (Seminar Co-Convener) Mob: +91- 9497808524
- Adv. Melchi Joseph Oommen, President (i/c), Alumni Association, Dept. of Law, Central University of Kerala. (Member, Organizing Committee), Mob: +91- 9995382496
- Adv. Vishnuprasad V Menon, Secretary, Alumni Association, Dept. of Law, Central University of Kerala. (Member, Organizing Committee) Mob: +91- 8590029793
- Adv. Vishnuprasad V Menon, Secretary,Email: [email protected], Mob:+91- 8590029793.
- Adv. Melchi Joseph Oommen, President, Email: [email protected], Mob: +91- 9048692249
CLICK HERE For The Brochure
CLICK HERE To Visit The Department of Law, Central University of Kerala Website
For more details, click here