Invest India – Legal Consultant – Department of Consumer Affairs
About the Department :
Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. It hosts teams working with various government initiatives such as Make in India, Startup India, AGNii, and PMG.
The Department of Consumer affairs desk at Invest India is looking to hire a Legal Consultant.
Key Responsibilities :
- Candidates with a strong understanding of regulatory and legal framework.
- Advising on various policies prepared by the department
- Continually developing and improving legal team processes, compliance-related processes, best negotiating practices, etc.
- Assisting with the development of policies, procedures and controls.
- Participate in legal and other compliance related projects.
- Research and analyze laws, regulations and rules to assess applicability and impact on the department
- Provide written summaries of legal and regulatory developments to relevant stakeholders and advise on such developments as needed.
- Develop subject matter expertise on products and services offered by department of consumer affairs
- Law Degree from recognized university in India
- Qualified to practice as a lawyer in India
- 2+ experience post qualification in medium or large private practice (law firm) or MNC (in-house)
- Excellent command of both spoken and written Hindi and English.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Initiative and creativity in seeking solutions to problems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Strong drive and commitment to deliver results.
- Compliance/commercial experience.
- Prior experience working with the Government experience will be a plus, but not necessary.
- Highest ethical standards and high professional integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically and take tough decisions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team.