About Nike Inc
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area.
About the Opportunity
As with other industry leaders, all aspects of Nike’s business are powered by information technology. They are looking for a technology attorney to join the Legal team as Associate General Counsel and support Nike’s Global Technology team as they take Nike’s digital transformation and growth to the next level, with a special focus on supporting Nike’s growing technology hub in Bengaluru, India.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements and documents for Nike’s India Technology team as they transform Nike’s information technology function to support and drive growth. Transaction types range from traditional outsourcing, license, and project service agreements to evolving areas such as cloud services and artificial intelligence.
- Advise and counsel Nike business managers on a wide range of legal and process issues associated with our information technology function, including regulatory compliance (particularly privacy issues in transactions), compliance with internal control processes, responses to government inquiries, and management of business disputes that have not ripened into litigation.
- Contribute your knowledge and experience toward efforts to re-engineer the delivery of legal services to improve quality, efficiency, and service levels using traditional and new model legal service providers.
- Prepare and deliver training programs designed to enhance business results and manage risk.
- Monitor and research (changes in) laws.
- Review and update legal precedents.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors or master’s degree in law or local equivalent from an accredited school of law and registration with a Bar Council in any of the States in India.
- 3 years post-qualification experience (maybe a combination of both law firm and in-house), with a minimum of 2 years of practice of transactional business law and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a transactional practice that includes a significant information technology component.
- Experience in a practice that includes a significant privacy compliance component is preferred.
- A demonstrable interest in, and passion for, information technology.
- Law firm experience in one or more of the following specialty areas is preferred: outsourcing, licensing, information technology, information security, data privacy, data security, and digital product.
- An ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, with technology and business personnel at all levels and across geographies.
- An ability to work as part of a large, matrixed organizational structure, in (virtual) teams, and independently as needed.
- How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply through the link given at the end of this post.
- Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Click here to apply.