SEBI Grade A 2023 Legal Officer Recruitment Notification Out!

The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has released the SEBI Grade A (Assistant Manager – Legal) notification with significant changes in the exam pattern and syllabus, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the required skills for the role. Let’s delve into the key highlights:

1️⃣ Exam Pattern Revamped:
Phase I and Phase II now feature distinct subjects, deviating from the previous uniformity. Phase I focuses on the Constitution of India, Contract Law, CPC, and minor subjects. Phase II centers on Corporate and Securities Law (70% weightage) and Criminal Laws (remaining 30%).

2️⃣ Inclusion of Major Rules and Regulations:
The securities law section now encompasses critical rules and regulations, including SAST, Prohibition of Insider Trading, Prohibition of Fraudulent Trade Practices, and other relevant statutes. SEBI’s emphasis on these areas underscores its commitment to ensuring comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory framework governing securities.

3️⃣ Augmented Questionnaire:
Phase II, Paper 2 has seen an increase in the number of questions, expanding from 50 MCQs to 70 questions, accompanied by three descriptive questions. This enhancement enables a more thorough evaluation of candidates’ legal expertise and analytical abilities.

For more details, click here

Quick Navigation