About AIL Journal
Journal of Army Institute of Law [ISSN No: 0975-8208] is a faculty run, peer reviewed law journal. The journal is published annually. It is listed in UGC Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) list. The journal is an endeavour to enhance awareness on contemporary legal issues, engage in multidisciplinary study, and to analyze the various issues that shows the dynamism of law. The journal seeks to provide a platform to academicians, professionals and research scholars, and students to contribute in multi-disciplinary discussions on the themes of law, justice, and society. The journal is guided by an editorial committee. The Editorial Board of the Journal welcomes the submission of unpublished original articles, research papers, book reviews, and comments for its upcoming Volume XVII, Issue 2024. It is an excellent opportunity for intellectuals to express innovative and practical writings, discuss challenges, latest developments and reformative solutions that can contribute further in the area of law and research. The erudite response of legal luminaries shall be solicited to enable the readers to explore challenges that lie before legislators, lawyers and the society at large, in the event of the ever changing social, economic and technological scenario.
All submissions (in soft copy) must reach the editor latest by 30 th September, 2023. You can visit the AIL website (www.ail.ac.in), under section “Publication”for guidelines for submission to be adopted for publication in the Journal and also for previous editions.
The soft copy of the contributions is to be forwarded at [email protected]. All subscriptions and correspondence concerning the Journal should be sent to the Editorial Board: Dr. Alamdeep Kaur, Assistant Professor of Law, Army Institute of Law, Mohali.
Guidelines for Submission
- All manuscripts (in hard copy and e-mail) must be accompanied by:
a. A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), official designation
institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information
(correspondence address, email, phone number etc).
b. A Certificate that the paper submitted is a piece of original and bonafide
research work and has not been published or submitted for publication
c. An abstract of not more than 200 words describing the submission.
- Contributions should be in English language only and in conformity with AIL’s scheme and style.
- Electronic submissions (on website or email) should ideally be made in Word Format (doc)/(docx).
- Text and citations should strictly conform to the rules in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th edition). This mode of citation must be strictly followed otherwise the paper shall not be considered for publication.
- The submission of papers is open only for Teachers/Academicians/Professionals and Ph.D. Research Scholars. Only one co-author shall be allowed. Students can be co-author.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of theauthor(s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, the name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The word limit mentioned as under must be strictly adhered to.
Article/Research Papers: The word limit is between 4,000 to 6,000
words.Notes and comments: The word limit is upto 3,000 words.
Book Review: The word limit is upto 2,500 words.
- The Journal encourages gender neutrality in its submissions.
- The articles in the Journal shall be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English; thus, submissions in American English will be modified accordingly.
- In case of book reviews, two copies of the book are to be sent.
- In case of references from websites, complete URL address, along with the last date of accessing the website should be mentioned.
- Contributions to the journal shall be evaluated by the nominated Referees.
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure.Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university/institution, designation, or any other personal information.
- Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Copy right of all entries received shall exclusively vest with the Army
Institute of Law. The submission of work would imply that the contributor has assigned such rights to AIL on its publication in the journal.
- Author/s are required to obtain written permission for the use of any
copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Journal. Such material may include tables, charts, graphs etc.
- Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have
submitted their manuscripts to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication. Authors may request an expedited review on this basis. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
- In case the article is not published, then the author shall be intimated by the Institute through e-mail and he/she may then send it for publication elsewhere.
- Mere submission of a contribution shall not confer any claim for publication. The Editorial Board reserves all rights to take decision to publish the contribution or not. The Board’s decision as regards the interpretation of guidelines or any other matter related to the publication shall be final.
- 20. Author/s are requested to verify references and quotations before submitting the manuscripts. Soft copy of the contributions should be emailed to at [email protected].
- Author shall be entitled to one copy of the journal in case of publication.
- Procedure For Acceptance 1. On receipt of the contribution, the Editorial Board shall screen it to satisfy itself about the conformity of the contribution with the AIL conditions and policy for submission of the manuscripts. 2. The screened work shall be assessed by the nominated referees. 3. A contribution recommended by the referee as fit for publication as such or recommended for publication with necessary amendments, if any, shall be considered for publication after the author would submit the amended paper accordingly. The author will be given two weeks to carry out changes thus suggested. Note: Soft copy of the contributions must be e-mailed by 30th September, 2023 at [email protected].