The digital transformation of our society represents one of the most rapid and profound transitions in human civilization. This era of digitization has led to a significant increase in our online interactions, encompassing information-seeking, entertainment, consumption, and work-related activities. The global outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic has unequivocally demonstrated that we inhabit a world undergoing immense change. The pandemic has unveiled numerous challenges for humanity, particularly in the realm of Artificial Intelligence (AI), which is swiftly reshaping regulatory frameworks worldwide.
The topic of privacy has long remained a pertinent issue in our daily lives. However, the amplified utilization of virtual spaces and the advancements in technologies like Al have thrust these debates even further into the spotlight, particularly in the context of the pandemic. Freedom of expression and access to accurate and trustworthy information are other pivotal concerns inseparable from the internet. While the internet provides avenues for self-expression and a wealth of diverse information, it is equally true that certain entities possess the authority to censor, remove, or manipulate online content based on their own interests. The challenge lies in determining the boundaries between information worth sharing and that which should be prohibited, as well as identifying the entities entitled to make such decisions.
In this regard, the field of law must readjust and adapt to the evolving landscape, shaping future relationships and modes of behaviour. This proposed book delves into the intricate task of safeguarding human rights within the digital realm and its impact on our daily lives. It critically examines the complex interplay between the right to privacy, human dignity, personal safety, and non-discrimination in the digital space.
- Intersections between Rights and Technology: Navigating Human Rights in Digital Spaces
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of areas of possible coverage
- The Online Dimension of Human Rights: Balancing Freedom of Expression and Content Moderation
- Human Rights Implications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Systems Cyber Vulnerability: Exploring the Intersection of Technology and Human Rights
- Intellectual Property Rights in the Digital Environment Challenges and Solutions
- Utilizing Digital Space for Investigating Violations of International Criminal,Human Rights, and Humanitarian Law
- Bridging the Digital Divide: Access to Information as a Human Right
- Cybersecurity and Human Rights: Protecting Individuals in the Digital Age
- Online Activism and Digital Dissent: Empowering Voices and Ensuring Human Rights
- Right to Digital Education: Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion in Learning Technologies
- Data Protection and Digital Rights: Safeguarding Privacy in the Digital Sphere
Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of three authors.
Publisher: IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.);
ISBN13: 9798369311271 | ISBN10: N/A | EISBN13: 9798369311288
For further information visit the following link: https://www.iqi-global.com/publish/call-for-papers/call-details/6676