About the Journal
Journal of the Legal Studies appeared first in 1961. The Journal of the Legal Studies (JLS) ISSN 2321-8452 is a peer reviewed and refereed annual publication of the Department of Law, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
The Journal of the Legal Studies is in the continuance of “The Jaipur Law Journal” which has been the acknowledged Journal of the University Legal Studies in Law of the University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. Since, the inception of the Journal, so many renowned legal luminaries have contributed their research articles in the previous volumes.
About the Call for Paper
The Editorial Board of Journal of the Legal Studies [JLS] is pleased to invite original unpublished research articles, Case notes, Legislative comments, book reviews, essays for publication in the upcoming Volume LIV (2023) of the Journal of the Legal Studies (JLS) from academicians, legal professionals, judicial officers, and doctoral research scholars all over the country.
The manuscript will be peer-reviewed.
The submissions may fall under the following categories (the word limits are inclusive of footnotes):
- Research Articles: 3000-4000 words. (These are evaluations of specific contemporary legal
issues and aim at conceptualizing the issues uniquely and unconventionally. The assessment of
contemporary legal issues shall be appreciated, though not mandatory).
- Case notes/Legislative comments: 2000-3000 words. (These are assessments of the aim and
legal impact of contemporary judgments and legislations).
- Book Reviews: 2000-3000 words. (Entries submitted under this category may present
innovative evaluations of present literature).
- Essays: 3000-4000 words.
- All submitted manuscripts shall be original and non-plagiarised. They should exhibit originality in thought, critical evaluation, and careful interpretations. Any form of plagiarism would lead to immediate rejection of the submission.
- Submission of a paper shall be taken to imply that it is an unpublished work and is not being
submitted/considered for publication elsewhere. Once a manuscript has been selected for publication or has been published in the Journal, the author(s) must seek permission from the
Editor before publishing it elsewhere.
- The contents should in no way, directly or indirectly, indicate or reference the identity of the
- The author(s) must send in the cover letter in the body of the mail, which must contain all the
relevant biographical details (Name of the author(s), their qualifications, Designation, Name of
College/University/Institution/Organisation, Postal Address(es), Phone Number and E-mail ID).
A separate attachment as a cover letter will not be entertained.
- The mail bearing the manuscript must indicate the category that the submission is intended for,
i.e., Research Article/ Essay/ Case Comment/Legislative Comment/Book Review.
- A maximum of two members is allowed as authors. However, co-authorship is not allowed in
“book reviews” and “case notes/comments”.
- Editor’s decision shall be final and binding. They reserve the sole rights to the publication of the
selected articles in addition to, inter alia, any edits/amends/reproduction.
- The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be
the intellectual property of the Journal Committee.
- The submitted manuscripts will be checked for plagiarism through antiplagiarism software as per UGC Regulations.
- In case the submissions are to be changed, the author shall do the needful in accordance with the instructions given and resend the same within the stipulated time.
The formatting shall be as per following guidelines:
- Title: The title should be Bold, Underlined, in Capitals, Size 16, and Centre Aligned.
- Headings: Headings should be Bold, in Capitals, Size 14, and left-aligned.
▪ Font: Times New Roman
▪ Font size: 12 pts
▪ Line spacing: 1.5
▪ Margin: 1 inch from all sides
▪ Alignment: Justified
▪ The Journal shall follow British English.
▪ While authors are required to adhere to the prescribed word limits, departures from the same will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
▪ Font: Times New Roman
▪ Font size: 10 pts.
▪ Line Spacing: 1.0
▪ Alignment: Left
▪ All relevant sources shall be duly acknowledged as footnotes.
▪ The citation style shall confirm to the rules prescribed in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (21st Edition, 2020)
How to Submit
- The author(s) are required to email the manuscript to [email protected]
- The manuscript may be mailed in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- The attached submission in the email, i.e., the name of the document must be the name(s) of the author(s).
- The subject for the mail must be ‘Submission for JLS Volume LIV [Article/Essay/Case Comment/Legislative Comment/Book Review]’.
- Only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible. In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered for review.
- The mail must be addressed to the ‘Editor’ providing the name of the author/s with the name of the institution affiliated to and the contact details in the body of the mail.
- A mail confirming the receipt of the manuscript and subsequently its acceptance for publication would be duly conveyed to the author/s through the email id used by the author/s for correspondence.
- Deadline for submission of original manuscripts: August 30, 2023, before 11:59 pm.
- Tentative Publication by: December 2023
In case of any query, please contact [email protected]