About the HC of Madras
The High Court of Judicature at Madras, one of the three High Courts in India established at the Presidency Towns by Letters Patent granted by Her Majesty Queen Victoria, bearing the date 26th June 1862 is the highest Court in the State of Tamil Nadu, exercising Original Jurisdiction over the City of Madras and Appellate Jurisdiction over the entire State as well as extra-ordinary Original Jurisdiction, Civil and Criminal, under the Letters Patent and Special Original Jurisdiction for the issue of writs under the Constitution of India.
The Hon`ble Chief Justice is the Head of the Judiciary with powers of administration of the High Court and of the Administration of Justice throughout the State. The Hon’ble Chief Justice is in charge of the general policy adopted in the Administration of Justice.
About The Opportunity
The post of District Judge (Entry Level) in the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service is governed by the Tamil Nadu State Judicial Service (Cadre and Recruitment) Rules, 2007, as amended [hereinafter referred to as “the Rules”].
The selection of candidates will be based on –
- Preliminary Examination [Objective Type Question Paper in Optical Mark Recognition Paper (OMR Paper)]
- Main Examination; and
- Viva–Voce Test.
Number of Vacancies
The Applicants should possess the following qualification:
- Must possess a Degree in Law from a University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a State Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission, or any other equivalent qualification and got enrolled in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu or in the Bar Council of any other State.
- Must be practicing on the date of Notification as an advocate and must have so practiced for a period of not less than seven years as on such date.
- With regard to Assistant Public Prosecutor-Grade I or Assistant Public Prosecutor Grade II, they must be having not less than seven years of experience as an Advocate and/or Assistant Public Prosecutor on the date of this notification.
- Rs.51,550 – 1230 – 58,930 – 1380 – 63,070+Allowances (Pre-revised)
- APPLYING PROCEDURE :
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the link provided at the end of this post.
- Application Deadline
- July 31, 2023