About the CIPAM
The Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CI PAM) is a professional body set up under the aegis of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India with a mandate to ensure focused action on issues related to Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) and addressing the 7 identified objectives of the National IPR Policy 2016.
CIPAM assists in simplifying and streamlining IP processes apart from undertaking steps for furthering IPR awareness, enforcement and commercialization.
About the Opportunity
CIPAM invites applications from persons retired from the post of DS/Director/equivalent and above from Central Government Ministries, Departments, Attached and Subordinate organizations having experience of more than 15 years of functioning of Central Government Ministries/Departments for engagement as Senior Consultant on a contract basis on a full-time basis with relevant experience in the specific domain areas purely on contract basis for a period of O 1-03 years for working in the IPR-CIPAM Division, DPIIT.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review of National IPR Policy 2016
- Develop business strategies and innovative approaches for implementing the objectives of IPR
- Research and analysis work related to the Amendment of IP laws, rules and regulations.
- Preparing India’s position on WIPO agenda points for various meetings
- Provide advisories in relation to international free trade agreements and legal and policy
matters in IPs.
- Developing ideas for creative marketing campaigns for IPR promotional activities.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all projects and new
initiatives of CIP AM.
- Coordination with various stakeholders in IP-related matters.
- Examine cases/proposals, and policy issues in the light of Central Govt. rules and regulations,
prepare briefs/presentations and analyse the proposals assigned.
- Provide support to DP1IT officials for the appropriate execution of any ad-hoc request.
- Ability/capacity to undertake travel in India and if needed abroad.
- Minimum educational qualification-Master’s Degree in Law.
- The age limit for applicants has been fixed at 63 years or below as of the last date of submission of
- Minimum 15 years of work experience in the Middle management level or executive head in
technical as well as administration.
- Applicants with MPhil., PhD would be preferred.
- Preference would be given to candidates having specialization in IPR
- Candidates with experience more than the minimum requirement.
- Prior working experience in IPR.
- Prior experience working with a Government organization/Department.
Interested applicants may submit their applications in the enclosed format along with a copy of work experience letters/PPO and Last Pay Certificate to the Under Secretary (IPR-CIPAM), Room No. 205, Vanijya Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001 within 20 days (July 23, 2023) of issue of this circular.
The application can also be sent by email given below and at cipamdipp@gov .in.Incomplete applications or applications received after the due date will be rejected.
New Delhi, India.