The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) was established in 1987 to be a pioneer in legal
education. Over the last three decades the University has consistently been an innovative leader in legal
education and research in India and ranked First among Law Universities as per the National Institute Ranking
Framework for the last six years.
The University is committed to building on its legacy to become a leading Asian and Global law school in the
next decade. The University accordingly invites online applications from dynamic and accomplished
professionals for the full-time post based in Bangalore of Senior Manager – Research. The details are as
Post Senior Manager – Research (01 vacancy)
- Pay Structure Level
- 11/12/13 as per the VII CPC based on the qualifications
and experience of the candidate.
- Tenure Permanent basis till the age of superannuation i.e. 60 years, subject
to confirmation after the satisfactory completion of one year’s
- Essential Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 55%
- Master’s degree/Post-graduate diploma in any discipline
with minimum 55% aggregate marks.
- 10 or more years of experience in research or policy or
- Desirable Qualifications
A doctoral degree in any discipline. For those with a PhD, an
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Essential Experience and Skills
(i) Demonstrated knowledge and application of standard
- The prescribed essential qualifications/experience indicated are the bare minimum required for the position.
Merely possession of these qualifications/experience will not entitle the candidate(s) to be called for an
- The qualifications prescribed in the table above should have been obtained from recognized
- Interested candidates are required to submit applications through online mode only by completing the
application form and uploading copies of all required certificates. Without these certificates, the application
form will not be considered.
- Candidates will be required to produce original documents at the time of interview.
- Candidates serving in Government/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/ Autonomous Bodies)
are required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their current employer at the time of interview, if
not submitted earlier.
- Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large and it may not be
convenient or possible for NLSIU to interview all the candidates, NLSIU reserves the right to restrict the
number of candidates to be called for interviews to a reasonable limit.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct/result of the interview
and reasons for not being called for an interview.
- Canvassing in any form/bringing in any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification
for the post.
- NLSIU reserves the right of not filling the post advertised and/or filling vacancies irrespective of the position
advertised for without assigning any reason.
- If information provided in an application is found to be incorrect/false, at any stage of the application
process, the candidature is liable to be cancelled and any appointment made is also liable to be terminated.
- NLSIU is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our institution.
Page | 5
- The shortlisted candidates will be intimated through email. University will make all correspondence through
- NLSIU reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement and not fill the advertised post at any time without
assigning any reason.
- The decision of the University in all matters relating to this post shall be final and binding on all candidates.
- Any dispute regarding any matter arising pursuant to this advertisement shall be subject to the jurisdiction of
courts at Bangalore.
Interested individuals are requested to fill in the Application Form available on the website (www.nls.ac.in) and
upload their CV and supporting certificates on or before 5.00pm on 18th July, 2023.
For more details, refer here