Taxmann is the most reliable online source for research on income tax, indirect tax & GST, Company Law, IFRS, Ind AS & International Taxation.
Taxmann Technologies delivers a range of software development solutions like e-book solutions, DRM Solutions, Professional Website Design, Mobile App Development, Product Engineering, Desktop based/ Cloud-based application software, CMS Software, Payment Gateway solutions, etc.
This session will delve into the practical complexities and controversies revolving around the valuation of shares in closely held companies. Mr. Shah will explain the controversial aspects pertaining to the application of the Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) method in determining the Fair Market Value as stipulated by Rule 11UA of the Income Tax Rules, 1962.
In Taxmann’s Webinar, Mr. Shah will discuss the following:
- Overview of Gift Taxation
- Analysis of Section 56(2)(viib) of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Analysis of Rule 11UA(2) of the Income Tax Rules, 1962
- Overview of Valuation Methods such as DCF, NAV, etc.
- Practical Aspects and Controversies Allied to Valuations made as per the DCF method
- Analysis of Judicial Precedents
- Precautions to be Taken to Avoid Litigation and Overcome Controversy
- Impact of Recent Amendments (Applicability to Non-residents)
- Section 56(2)(viib) Valuation Challenges
- Adv.Dhinal Shah: He is a qualified and experienced practicing advocate and chartered accountant with over 30 years of experience advising clients on taxation, exchange control, insolvency, and corporate laws.
- He advises Indian corporations and multinationals on double tax treaties, due diligence, transfer pricing, foreign tax systems implications, corporate tax, and accounting standards. He is a former partner with EY and a member of the Executive Committee of the International Fiscal Association.
- He has also served as a Central Council Member of the ICAI, Director of IPA and RVO, and Chairman of the Direct Tax Committee of the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industries. He is also a visiting faculty at IIM and a regular contributor of articles to professional journals.
- How to Register?
- Interested applicants may register through the link provided at the end of the post.
- Date and Time
- Tue, August 08, 2023, 5:00 PM IST
- Webinar Fee