About the University
Established through the UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand, UPES is one of the top-ranked, UGC-recognized, private universities. As per the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2023, the Ministry of Education, India, UPES has been ranked 52, with a rank of 54 in engineering and a rank of 39 in management.
In addition to this, the university has been ranked No. 1 private university in academic reputation in India by the QS World University Rankings 2024 and is among the top 3% universities in the world.
About the Call for Papers
On the completion of the 6th anniversary of GST since its implementation, we are inviting chapters for an edited book titled “Assessment of the Success of GST in Socio-Economic and Legal Perspective” which will aim at promoting research in the field of the GST law amongst all the stakeholders across the globe.
It will serve as a scholarly platform for the readers to understand the contemporary issues in the GST law from the lens of academia.
Assessment of the Success of GST in Socio-Economic and Legal Perspective
- GST in Agricultural Sector.
- GST in Public Health.
- Convergence of GST and Income Tax.
- GST on Social Influencer.
- GST on Online Gaming.
- GST and Economy.
- GST and Metaverse.
- GST and Fiscal Federalism.
- GST and International Law.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Submission is open to academicians, professionals, practitioners, research scholars, government officials, civil society organizations and individuals who have a passion for the subject, with prior registration and confirmation.
- Submission Guidelines
- Co-authorship is allowed only up to a maximum of 02 (Two) authors.
- The authors shall be required to submit a separate title page mentioning the title of the chapter, Theme of the Chapter, author(s) name, affiliation, name of the institution, postal address, and author’s contact details such as e-mail and contact number of the author designated to receive correspondence.
- The authors shall also be required to submit a declaration to the effect that the submitted work is the original and it does not violate the copyright of any person.
- The book chapter must be the original work of the author(s) and free from any grammatical and spelling errors. It must not contain any defamatory words or statements.
- The submitted book chapter will be subjected to a plagiarism check on Turnitin. Book chapter exceeding plagiarism of 20% shall be rejected in this stage. A rejection mail shall be sent to the authors in this regard.
- The book chapter submitted must not be previously published or currently under review at any other journal/conference/book and should not be submitted to any other journal/conference/book while under review with the editor.
- The final decision as to acceptance and publication of the book chapters rests with the Editorial board.
- NO FEE is to be paid at any stage for publication in the journal.
- Formatting Guidelines
- Authors are requested to submit the Abstract.
- An abstract shall be between 200-300 words, clearly summarizing the key issues, with 3-5 keywords.
- Authors are requested to submit the chapter.
- Full-length chapter shall be 4000-6000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- The body of the submission must be in Times New Roman, Font Size-12, and with 1.5 line spacing.
- The main text of the submission should be justified.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- Referencing styles: Bluebook format (21st edition)
- All submissions will be peer-reviewed.
- How to Submit?
- Interested candidates can submit the abstract at [email protected]
- Important Dates
- Submission of Abstract: September 10, 2023
- Intimation of selected abstract: on or before: September 15, 2023
- Submission of the Full chapter: October 30, 2023
- Intimation of Selected Chapters: Within 7 days of submission
- Contact Information
- In case of queries, please email at: [email protected] or +91 8979891802