About the Organisation
About the Opportunity
Confidential is inviting applications for the post of Legal Manager – Commercial Contracts and Compliance to join their office in Mumbai.
Roles & Responsibilities
Contract Management & Drafting :
- Review, markup, draft negotiate and close a variety of commercial contracts, across global business units.
- Advise the organization on risks associated with various contracts including confidentiality agreements, distribution agreements, consultancy agreements, sales and purchase agreements, letters of indemnity, parent company guarantees, power of attorney, and other documents.
- Draft demand letters, notices, and settlements as needed.
- Create and maintain a contracts database with an aim to mitigate risk and improve business efficiency.
- Drafting policies and procedures on an ongoing and regular basis.
- Provide rapid, practical, business-oriented legal and commercial advice directly to business units, internal clients, and business leaders.
- Assist in the selection and management of outside counsel globally.
- Manage assigned projects to completion.
- Assist attorneys and management in higher level matters, as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in contract provisions, international business laws, and corporate regulations.
- Attention to detail and sound legal acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and close commercial and legal negotiations with minimal support from senior staff.
- Individual contributor and able to work in a diverse culture.
- Able to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities until their logical conclusion.
- Exposure to US laws, international import-export, and supply chain including ocean cargo shipment is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to decide quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
- Business-oriented thinking and analytical & research skills are required.
- How to Apply?
- Interested candidates may apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
- Mumbai Metropolitan Region