About HPNLU, Shimla
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) Shimla, was established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). The University started functioning on October 5, 2016.
The University inducts students through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) for its Undergraduate (UG) program, which includes B.A. LL.B. and B.B.A. LL.B. Hons. (Five-Year Integrated Course) and the Post-graduate (PG) programme for one-year LL.M.
About Law Mantra Trust
“Law Mantra” (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organization running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in society and in the practice of the same.
Law Mantra is a registered society under the Indian Trust Act, of 1882 whose members are leaders and members from the legal fraternity, other professions with a nexus to conflict resolution, academics, and experts from various fields who are committed to resolving conflicts and disputes using innovative mechanisms and methods such as Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiations, and Arbitration.
About Centre for Child and Woman Studies
“Arise, awake, and stop not till the goal is reached” is the motto of the Centre for Child and Woman Studies, a specialized Centre, established by Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, for conducting socio-legal research in the field of rights of women and children.
About the Seminar
The International Seminar on “Women, Children, and Law: Concerns, Challenges and Future” is taking place on September 1-2, 2023 in online mode. The International Seminar on Women, Children, and Law:
Concerns, Challenges, and Future are being organized by Law Mantra Trust and Centre for Child and Woman Studies, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla.
The present seminar is aiming at highlighting different issues underlining women and children. They welcome different stakeholders, activists, academicians, researchers, lawyers, medical professionals, and bureaucrats.
This seminar is a noble initiation of Law Mantra in association with the Centre for Child and Woman Studies, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla. They are considering this seminar as a platform to initiate a RIGHT discourse, expecting a thought-provoking, multidisciplinary, quality research paper.
The main objectives of the issue will be:
- Promotion of international, comparative, and global research, advocacy, law reform, and policy initiatives on women and child rights.
- Opening up a global discussion on ‘children, development, and governance from a child rights perspective; Research, advocacy, education, and policy engagement on women and child right.
- To bring together researchers, practitioners, and policymakers to discuss problems, disseminate learning, and share international lessons – learned, existing policy research, and studies on various social protection schemes which, in particular, impact women and children.
- Child Protection Laws in India;
- Child Protection Laws and Role of NHRC and other agencies;
- Specific issues with regard to the protection of children in India;
- Protection of Children: International Laws framework. Sexual Harassment at Work Place;
- Women empowerment and domestic violence;
- Cyber Space and Women. Reproductive Technologies and Rights of Women;
- Eve- teasing, Molestation, Sexual Abuse, and Rape;
- Criminology in human trafficking;
- The role of government in combating human trafficking;
- The role of NGOs in combating human trafficking;
- The theory and practice of resistance, rescue, rehabilitation, and reintegration;
- Women’s Coalition against Violence and Exploitation;
- The challenges and complications of prevention, prosecution, and policy intervention;
- Labor trafficking;
- Trafficking of Women and Children: Historical Perspective;
- Trafficking of Women and Children: International Legal Framework;
- The relationships between human trafficking, prostitution, gender, and/or sexuality;
- Trafficking of women and children: National Legal Perspective;
- Functional Evaluation of the Role of National Law Enforcement Agencies;
- Trafficking of Women and Children: Role of Civil Society;
- Trafficking of Women and Children: Public Alertness and Awareness;
- Role of Police in Human Trafficking: Protector v. Perpetrator;
- Policy and Laws on Trafficking in Human Beings in India;
- Transnational Human Trafficking: India’s Stand;
- Gender Justice in Human Trafficking;
- Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Human Trafficking.
- Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to working on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme.
- Who should attend?
- Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, Lawyers.
- The event will be hosted through Zoom/Cisco-Webex or any other Online Platform.
- Technical Sessions will be organized through Google Meet/Zoom/Cisco-Webex or any other Online Platform.
- How to Submit?
- Interested applicants may submit their abstracts to [email protected].
- The abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a Word file. Abstracts will be peer-reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be sent along with the Abstract: Name of the Participant, Official Designation/Institution Details, Address, Email id, and Title of Abstract.
- How to Register?
- Interested applicants may register through the link provided at the end of the post.
- Registration Fees
- Student: Rs. 1000.
- Faculty/Professional/Research Scholar/Other: Rs. 1500.
- Note: Both Author and Co-Author have to pay individually.
- Important Dates
- Submission of Abstract: August 13, 2023.
- Confirmation of Abstract Selection: August 16, 2023.
- Last Date for Registration: August 27, 2023.
- Submission of Draft Paper: August 30, 2023.
- Seminar Date: September 1 & 2, 2023.
- Submission of Final Paper: November 29, 2023.
- Publication of Selected Paper: By December 2024.
- All the registered participants will be provided with a participation certificate.
- Contact Information
- In case of any queries please contact:
- Helpline:+91-9310053923 or Write to [email protected].