About the job
Counsel – Special Law (Corporate Secretariat)We leverage our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality, and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.Come, Change the future with us!
In your primary role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Compliances under Corporate Laws e.g. Companies Act, various SEBI Regulations – eg, Listing Obligations and Disclosure requirements, Insider Trading, Takeover code etc., FEMA etc.
- Sound knowledge of Directors, Committees & Shareholders Meetings – including drafting of notices, agenda and minutes
- Annual Report – drafting of relevant modules and regulatory assessment regarding its accuracy and completeness
- Reviewing and ensuing Secretarial Compliances, formulation of checklists for various activities and ensure adherence thereto
- Experience in handling tools / automation in the secretarial arena – eg. board portal, legal compliances, secretarial matters, insider trading etc.
- Research oriented, Cross border compliances for permanent establishments
- Disclosures from Directors, Maintenance of statutory registers
- Dealing with Auditors, Intranet Management
- Secretarial matters emanating from Company’s investment in subsidiary / associates
- M&A matters, Special Projects, Carveouts, other Corporate Topics etc.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds with a winning attitude!Desired Qualifications & Traits
- You are a Company Secretary (Member of ICSI) with at least 5 to 10 years (post membership qualification) preferably in large equity listed company having set of group companies. Additional qualification – Law graduate (LLB) will be an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge of Companies Act, Securities Laws, Listing Regulations, Foreign Exchange Laws, Stamp Law
- Experience of working with cross-functional and cross-business teams
- You will be our preferred candidate if you have good communication, drafting and presentation skills, a problem-solving and solution-oriented approach and a dedicated attitude. Team Player, result oriented.
- Ability to deliver / handle topics in strict time frame.
- Aptitude for knowledge sharing and training the colleagues in the organisation
Make your mark in the cool & exciting world at Siemens!This role is based in Mumbai, (Worli). You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you.We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds making real what matters for the future, one day at a time in 200+ countries. Last but not the least we’re dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers