About the University:
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL) was established in Punjab by the State Legislature in 2006 to provide excellent legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. It is approved by the Bar Council of India and registered with the University Grants Commission. The university was accredited with an ‘A’ grade by NAAC in 2015 and granted autonomy under UGC regulations in 2018. RGNUL was ranked first among the cleanest government residential universities by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2019.
About the Conference:
Gender inequality has been the most pervasive form of inequality across the globe. Socially constructed norms have led to wide-scale discrimination and even expulsion of vulnerable gender, including women, non-binary and transpeople, from social, cultural, and economic life. Gender inequality has pervaded social, economic, educational, legal, and other institutions leading to gender gaps and underlining the need for immediate steps to ensure gender
Equality is the edifice on which constitutional values and ethos have been built. Constitution founding fathers recognized the importance of the right to equality for one and all in free and independent India and therefore, the right to equality was guaranteed as a fundamental right. Recognizing the need of ameliorating the vulnerable sections including the vulnerable gender, the Constitution of India provided protective discrimination in favour of the vulnerable gender. International instruments have also emphasized the right to equality irrespective of gender. Undoubtedly, gender equality and gender justice are the bedrock of a progressive democratic nation striving for sustainable and inclusive growth. However, despite the constitutional guarantees and international emphasis, the marginalized gender has been the victim of violence, crime, exploitation, and discrimination owing to the prevalent patriarchal power structures, gender stereotypes in society, and other economic, social, and cultural constraints. In this backdrop, RGNUL is organizing the two-day National Seminar on Fostering Gender Justice: An Assessment of Challenges and Strategies.
Subthemes of the Conference:
- Sex and Gender: Conceptual, Legal and Sociological Perspectives
- Legal Pluralism and Gender Justice
- Constitutional Edifice of Gender Justice: An Assessment
- Crimes against Vulnerable Gender
- Gender and Victimization at the Workplace, Home, and Society
- Gender and Human Rights Discourse
- Gender and Property Rights
- Gender Justice and Reproductive Choices
- Gender Justice in Academia
- Gender Notions in Judicial Decisions
- Globalization and Gender Justice
- Disasters and Gender Justice
- Transformative Gender Justice
- Developments in Science and Technology and Gender
The broad list of sub-themes given above is illustrative and not exhaustive. Papers on other related themes are welcome.
- Abstract Submission: 31st August 2023
- Acceptance/Rejection Notification: 10th September 2023
- Last Date of Registration: 15th October 2023
- Final Paper Submission: 30th September 2023
Early Bird Registration till 15th September 2023
- Academicians and Professionals: INR 1000+GST, Co-author: INR 500+GST
- Students and Researchers: INR 500+GST, Co-author: INR 250+GST
- Conference Participation Fee: INR 500
Registration after 15th September 2023
- Academicians and Professionals: INR 1250+GST, Co-author: INR 500+GST
- Students and Researchers: INR 750+GST, Co-author: INR 250+GST
- Conference Participation Fee: INR 500
- The research papers should pertain to any of the sub-themes of the conference.
- Participants shall be required to submit an abstract of around 350 words on or before 31st August 2023.
- The abstract shall also contain, the name of the author/authors, email Id of the author/s contact number, and designation.
- Acceptance of abstracts shall be communicated separately. The payment link shall be shared separately if the abstract is selected.
- The full paper shall not exceed 7500 words. It shall be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper on any of the sub-themes of the conference with a 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word.
- Abstracts and papers shall be required to be emailed to [email protected].
- The citation shall be strictly in accordance with Bluebook (20th Edition).
- University may publish selected papers. Selection of papers for publication shall be at the exclusive discretion of the University.
or your reference, I have attached the brochure, which entails all the necessary details of the course.
For queries, please contact the undersigned:
Mr. Harshit Bhimrajka (+91) 9829513257
Ms. Dikshi Arora (+91) 9024559982
Mr. Rachit Somani (+91) 6376006259–
Harshit BhimrajkaCo-Convenor, Centre for Business Laws and Taxation (CBLT – RGNUL)
Fifth Year B.A./ LLB (Hons.) The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala Contact – 9829513257