About Faculty of Law, AMU
Legal Education in AMU is more than a century old, it was on the initiative of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, that a three-member committee, consisting of Justice Syed Mahmood, Justice Straight of the Allahabad High court, and Arthur Strachey advocate at Allahabad High Court was constituted to suggest measures for starting the teaching of Law at the M.A.O. College.
On the recommendation of this committee, the Law classes started in December 1891. The Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University is the law school of the Aligarh Muslim University which has a history of over 100 years of teaching and writing law. Law classes were inaugurated by Justice Douglas Straight on December 29, 1891.
About Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Hall
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Hall, Aligarh Muslim University is one of the residential halls of the university consisting of several hostels. The residents belong to mainly but not restricted to the Faculty of Law, AMU. Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Hall started functioning in the academic session of 2008-2009.
About the Webinar
The National Webinar on, “Cyber Law and International Standards & Its Compliance” is a part of extra-mural activities and programs organized in collaboration by the Faculty of Law, AMU & Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Hall, AMU from time to time for enriching and improvising the learning of student community nationwide.
Students will learn about the following things at the end of this webinar:
- Cyber Law & International Standards*
- Cyber law and Cyber Space
- IT Act 2000 and its Amendments
- CERT-In and DOT
- Trademark and Copyright Infringement
- Recent Trends in Cyber Law
- Career in Cyber & IT Law
- The webinar is scheduled at 3:00 p.m. on 02/09/2023; i.e. Sunday. The participants shall be provided with the Google Meet link 10 minutes before the scheduled time. Registration for the webinar is mandatory through the Google Forms link provided hereinafter. Registration and attendance is compulsory to be eligible for e-certificates. The proceedings of the webinar shall be recorded.
- About the Resource Person
- Rizwan Shaikh is a prominent Information Security Researcher and Cyber Crime Consultant with more than 14 years of experience in the meadow of Ethical Hacking, Information Security, and Cyber Law. He is a well-recognized name in the Cyber World and with an experience of more than 14 years, he has been conducting Ethical Hacking training and providing Information Security services across the globe.
- He is a widely sought-after Speaker on Cyber Security and Cyber Law and has been invited by many corporates and leading institutions of India including IIT’s and NIT’s to conduct workshops, seminars, boot camps, and trainings on Ethical Hacking and Information Security.
- He is an advisor on Cyber, IT Law & allied subjects to several Senior Advocates and Tier-1 Law Firms like DSK Legal among many others. He has also delivered TED Talks and has been invited by several government and private institutions to various seminars and webinars.
- He has trained more than 30,000 individuals in Colleges, corporations, and Government Departments. At Present, Rizwan Shaikh is the Founder & CTO of Pristine InfoSolutions Pvt. Ltd And WebShark AI, India’s first self-evolving blockchain runs on AI.
- Mode & Language
- Online & English
- How to Register?
- Interested applicants may register through the link provided at the end of the post.
- Registration Fees
- Date & Time
- September 2 at 3 PM
- Google Meet
- E-certificates shall be provided to attendees.
- Contact Information
- In case of any queries, please contact:
- Kaif Hasan (Joint Senior Hall, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Hall, AMU): 8299803707
- Sarim Kaunain (Moderator): +91 82288 33721
- Click here to register.