Who Is The Organiser?
The Times Group established Bennett University in 2016 with a vision to provide quality education and establish itself as one of the best private universities in India to impart interdisciplinary education. It was established by an Act of the State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh as a private university. Its six schools with 30+ programs and 70+ leading specialisations in Engineering, Management, Media, Law, and Liberal Arts have positioned it as one of the top universities in India. This has made it a sought-after destination for fortune companies and leading corporates in a short period, picking talents with prominent placement records. The serene and lush 68-acre campus equipped with top-notch facilities for academics and research as well as for the sports and extra-curricular activities and having excellent hostel facilities for boarders is extremely popular among the students as the university encourages ‘fun learning’ and ‘life outside the classroom’ with a vision for innovation and all-round excellence.
Bennett University established the School of Law with a vision to strive for excellence in teaching and research, and spearhead advocacy of Justice, while concomitantly shaping pioneers and thought leaders in public policy of national and international dimensions. The school at present is offering B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), B.B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), 1-year LLM programmes as well as Ph.D. programmes and abides by the best practices in terms of curriculum, pedagogy, innovation in teaching methods. Promoted by the Bennett & Coleman group, the largest media enterprise of India having the venerable Times of India as its flagship, the School of Law is committed to educating the leaders and trailblazers of the future in the field of law, the ones who can think out loud and clear as well as conscientiously, with a commitment to justice and fairness, in the domain of law and jurisprudence.
The history of India’s culture and civilization is incomplete without an understanding of the principles of law and jurisprudence, including the course of their evolution and their various facets. In ancient India, the scope of the law was all-embracing, covering various aspects of social and religious life. Ancient Indian society was not static but dynamic and the changing requirements of society had to be accommodated by suitably modifying the rules and regulations pertaining to administration, taxation and economy, maintenance of law andorder, and sustenance of the societal norms and the religious injunctions, as also progressively evolving an appropriate mechanism for enforcing these regulations, as per the emerging and constantly changing needs of the society. To meet these objectives, a need was felt to conceptualize and create a treatise on jurisprudence, which was realized progressively by the formulation of a large body of legal literature based on societal requirement. Attending the conference can provide valuable insight on “Ancient Indian Jurisprudence”. The proposed Seminar will entail participation not only of several academics but also the students who can thus be sensitized about the principles, ideals, and various strands as also the rich legacy of jurisprudence in ancient India.
What Are The Details Of The Event?
- Theme: Ancient Indian Jurisprudence
- Dates of the Conference: 12-13 October 2023
- Mode: Offline Mode
- Venue: Bennett University, Plot Nos 8, 11, TechZone 2, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201310
- Eligibility: Academicians, Professionals, Students and Researchers.
- Sub-themes of the Conference: Authors are free to choose any relevant topic related to the above sub-theme.
- Dharma and Law,
- Relationship between State and Dharma,
- Hindu Law-Its Character and Evolution,
- Rajadharma in Ancient India,
- Kautilya’s Arthasastra,
- Ethics and Dharma,
- Indigenous system of administration of Justice,
- Women and Dharma
- Registration Fee: NIL
- Registration form: CLICK HERE to register
- Submission Guidelines:
- The research papers should pertain to any of the sub-themes of the conference.
- Participants shall be required to submit an abstract of around 200-250 words on or before 27th August 2023.
- Acceptance/Rejection Notification: On or before 05 September 2023. (Acceptance shall be communicated separately.Final Paper Submission: 30 September 2023.
- Abstract shall also contain, name of the author/authors, email Id of the author/s contact number and designation. (One co-author is allowed)
- Full paper shall not exceed 6000 words.
- Plagiarism less than 10% allowed.
- It shall be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper on any of the sub-themes of the conference with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing using MS Word.
- Abstracts and papers shall be required to be emailed at [email protected].
- Citation shall be strictly in accordance with APA Style.
- Accommodation will be provided and those who want to avail can contact on given contact number and Email id.
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and must not have been submitted for publication in any other journal. All submissions will strictly undergo the plagiarism test.
- Submissions not as per guidelines will be outrightly rejected
- Important Dates:
- Last date for Abstract Submission: 27th August 2023.
- Acceptance/Rejection Notification: On or before 05 September 2023
- Submission of Full paper: 30 September 2023
For More Information:
For any query email at : [email protected] or contact on 8368514159