“Symposium on International Law and Maldives: Navigating Geopolitics, Trade and Sovereignty,” organized by Faculty of Shariah and Law, Villa College, Maldives scheduled to take place on 20-21 December 2023 in Malé, Maldives.
About the Symposium:
The Symposium will delve into the multifaceted intersections of the Maldives’ legal landscape and international law. The Maldives, known for its unique geographical and cultural characteristics, holds a significant place in the international arena yet remains an unexplored territory in the Asian literature on international law. For more details about the themes/topic, please see the concept note below. We invite academics, researchers, legal practitioners, policymakers, and students to submit abstracts for research papers addressing the symposium’s themes. Submissions should reflect original research, insights, and critical perspectives on the Maldives’ relationship with international law.
• Abstract Submission Deadline: 30 September 2023
• Notification of Acceptance: 15 October 2023
• Full Paper Submission Deadline: 30 November 2023
• Symposium Date: 20 – 21 December 2023
Abstracts should be between 250-300 words and include the paper’s title, author(s) name, affiliation, and contact information.
• Submissions should be sent to [email protected] with the subject line: “Symposium on Maldives and International Law 2023 – Abstract Submission.”
• Upon acceptance, full papers should be 4000-6000 words in length, following OSCOLA citation formats.
Registration: There is no registration fee for the participation in the symposium. However, participants will need to cover their own expenses for travel and accommodation
For more details, refer here