Applications Due: October 20, 2023
very year, the Internet Society selects fifteen young, passionate individuals to participate in our Youth Ambassador Program. We aim to equip the next generation of Internet leaders with the skills and knowledge needed to collaborate and innovate for a better world.
This program offers you the opportunity to:
- Attend a significant Internet event tailored to your preferences, profile, and location.
- Deepen your subject expertise through specific Internet governance online training.
- Enhance your advocacy, communications, project management, and leadership skills.
- Engage and collaborate with key Internet stakeholders from around the world.
- Be mentored by experienced Internet leaders and experts.
- Develop the skills and connections required to make a greater impact in your local community and beyond!
Am I Eligible?
All applicants must:
- Be between the ages of 18-30 at the time of application.
- Possess proficient reading, speaking, and writing skills in English.
- Feel comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions.
- Have continuous Internet access and appropriate equipment throughout the program.
- Dedicate a minimum of 4 hours per week during the full program duration.
- Be available for weekly meetings and webinars, typically between 11h and 16h UTC.
- Be prepared for travel with a valid passport.
- Not have been previously selected as an Internet Society IGF Ambassador, IGF Youth Ambassador, Youth@IGF Fellow, or Youth Ambassador.
Apply Today Here
What’s the Selection Process?
There is an annual selection process, with applications for the each intake opening in October. There are two phases to the selection process.
1. Online Application
A selection committee evaluates the best submissions to select the Youth Ambassadors. The selection committee, composed of Internet Society staff, alumni and Chapter/Special Interest Group/Standing Group leaders, attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
2. Online Internet Governance Course
The highest scoring applicants take an online course on Internet Governance. All participants will be divided into three classes, each with a dedicated tutor to facilitate the learning process.
The 15 top-rated students are chosen for this program.
For more details, click here