ABOUT THE Organizer :
One of the oldest law schools in India, School of Legal Studies was established in the year 1962 as a part of Kerala University offering post graduate courses and research in law. The Law School joined the folds of University of Cochin, in the year 1971, which was later reorganized and renamed as Cochin University of Science and Technology in 986 for the promotion of graduate, post-graduate studies and advanced research in various fields.
The School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala, is organising a Two-Day International Hybrid Workshop, ‘Climate Change Consciousness in Law’, from December 21 – 22, 2023. Rashtriya Uchchattar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) is a holistic scheme of development for higher education in India initiated by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala has received various projects under the RUSA 2.0 Scheme, one of which is related to Climate Change. As a part of this project, this international hybrid workshop is being organised on the theme ‘Climate Change Consciousness in Law’.
The Details Of The Event :
- Date of the event: 21st-22nd December 2023
- Mode: Hybrid mode
- Theme: The theme for discussion is climate change consciousness in law. The themes identified are not exhaustive, and participants are free to choose themes which are within the scope of this framework.
- Sub Theme:
- Climate Change Consciousness in International Law
- Climate Change Consciousness in Foreign National Laws
- Climate Change Consciousness in Indian Laws
- Climate Change Consciousness in Judicial Decisions
- Eligibility: Research papers are invited from academicians, researchers, practitioners, social workers and students
- Registration fees: There are no registration fees for the programme. All the participants will get an E- certificate for successful participation in the workshop.
- Guidelines For Submission:
- The Full papers must be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected]
- The paper must be submitted only in Microsoft WORD format
- The paper must be accompanied by a cover page containing details such as the Title of the Paper, Theme of the Paper, Name of the Author, University/ Institution/ Organization, Email Address and Mobile Number.
- The full paper should be between 3500 – 4000 words (excluding the footnotes)
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
- All references must be in the form of footnotes. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing. The authors should follow OSCOLA standard of footnoting.
- Co-authorship is allowed only up to two authors.
- All entries must be original and unpublished work of the author(s) and should not have been submitted for publication/published elsewhere in any form. Any sort of plagiarism will not be entertained.
- Publication of Papers: The organisers propose to publish the selected best papers of the workshop as an edited book with an ISBN Number.
- Important Dates:
- Last Date of Sending Full Paper: December 15th, 2023
- Intimation regarding Selection of Paper: December 17th, 2023
- Event Schedule:
- Day 1: 21st December 2023- Offline Technical Sessions by Experts at Conference Hall, School of Legal Studies, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kerala (Paper presenters can attend online)
- Day 2: 22nd December 2023- Online paper presentations
For More Information:
For any related queries, please contact: [email protected]
CLICK HERE To Visit Cochin University Of Science And Technology, Kerala Website