This is a full-time on-site role for a Legal Intern located in Chennai. The Legal Intern will assist in legal research and drafting of legal memoranda on various legal topics, review and negotiations of contracts, and the capability to collaborate with the legal team in providing legal support for ongoing matters.
• Drafting legal documents such as notices, complaints, or pleadings based on the subordinate’s instructions
• Researching applicable laws and legal precedents in order to provide legal support to senior counsel working on cases
• Preparing and filing legal documents with courts or other tribunals such as the TNRERA.
• Visit the government office/ authority place for the case purpose in order to gather information and collect the documents which are needed.
• Visiting the court to observe the case adjudications.
• Drafting agreements for corporate clients such as SLA, NDA and etc.,
• Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a law program with exposure to corporate law
• A high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and analytical capacity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively
• Ability to work independently with basic supervision
• Strong organizational, project management, and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Passionate about law with a desire to gain practical experience in a corporate legal environment