About the job
Position: Senior Associate- Lega – Litigation ( Manager or Senior Manager)
Reporting into: Principal Legal Counsel
Onsite role – 5 days a week.
Purpose/Overview of the role: Reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel, the incumbent will be responsible for providing legal support to the Distribution business at Culver Max Entertainment Private Limited (formerly known as Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited).
Key Result Areas:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating of Memorandum of Understanding, marketing, subscription and channel placement agreements with various distribution platform operators.
- Drafting and sending legal notices
- Assist in filing recovery proceedings and other cases before TDSAT, Magistrate’s court, High Court and Supreme Court in terms of reviewing the draft petition and providing comments on the same to lawyers for finalizing the petitions.
- Briefing the counsel in connection with the litigations filed by or against the company.
- Coordinating with cross-department heads, sales /business and commercial associates on various business issues and advising them on suitable courses of action to be taken.
- Proactively resolving legal issues and providing solutions to the Business/Sales team to avoid litigation.
- Coordinating with the Sales and Operations team in connection with issuance of disconnection notices.
- Reviewing of the relevant Regulations and Tariff Orders applicable to the industry and ensuring due compliance of all the requirements.
- Filing of requisite information/data with the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (“TRAI”) on a timely basis
- Interacting with TRAI officials in connection with resolving of any issues raised by TRAI
- Reviewing and providing comments on the Consultation Paper rolled out by TRAI on topics affecting the Broadcasting and Distribution Industry.
Educational & Work Experiences / Key Requirements:
- Law Graduate. Master of Law (LL.M) would be preferred
- 8-12 years’ experience post qualification
- Should have worked in a mid to large-sized Corporate (Preferably Broadcasting & Distribution Company, Media/Telecom) or Law Firm of repute having Telecom, Media/Broadcasting & Distribution companies as their clients.
- Good drafting skills. Able to draft agreements/notices independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Quick learner
- Smart and Self-starter
- Having a Proactive approach
- Good analytical skills
- Eye for detailing and acting with a sense of urgency by adhering to TAT
- Multi-tasking skills
- Getting along well with other associates.
- Sound understanding and interpretation of the relevant regulations and its applications to business situations.
11. Having a long-term vision to work in the company.
Essential Skills:Adhering to principles and values Persuading and influencing Presenting and communicating information ability to work under pressure.