The Punjab State Legislature established the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL) by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006. (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act established a national-status University of Law in Punjab to meet the need for a Center of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalisation and liberalisation.
The expected audience would be Academicians, Research Scholars, Students, Professionals, RTI activisits, Organizations and Public Information officers.
UNDERLYING OBJECTIVE OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMME:
The objective of the programme is to commemorate the RTI week which is celebrated from 6th October – 12th October,
- To raise awareness on the issues of Right to Information.
- To provide participants with a clear understanding of the main features of RTI Act and its operational provisions.
- To explain the role of designated Assistant Public Information Officers, Public Information Officers and Appellate Authorities and other functionaries involved in dealing with RTI matters.
- To explain the process of seeking and providing information.
- To explain the strategy for operationalizing Right to Information.
- To discuss the practical problems faced by the PIO’s and the stake holders.
- To deliberate upon the efficient implementation of the Act.
- Certificates will be provided on the successful completion of the workshop. (100% attendance is mandatory)
- Date- October 6th- 12th, 2021
- Timing-2.00- 4.00 P. M.
- Mode- Cisco Webex
- Registration Deadline- September 28, 2021 (Tuesday)
- Registration Fee- 200/-(Inclusive of GST)
For further clarity contact
Faculty Coordinator (Dr. Geetika- 9646023882)
or the Student Coordinator (Ms. Tamanna Gupta- 9999677799)
or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.