About K. R. Mangalam University
K. R. Mangalam University is a pioneering institution of higher education in Haryana, established in 2013 under the Haryana Private University Act. It is empowered to award degrees as specified by UGC under Section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956.
General Rules and Regulations
- The will be individual participation.
- In this competition, participants will enact as a Member of Parliament (MP) and speak either as a part of the GOVERNMENT or the OPPOSITION.
- The participants representing the MPs of the Government will speak FOR the motion, while participants representing the MPs of the Opposition will speak AGAINST the motion.
- The use of profanity or inciting communal hatred will lead to instant disqualification.
- It is advisable for the participants to wear attire similar to the politician in their constituency, carried in a decent manner.
- Judgment criteria will be solely based on the content, facts & figures, pronunciation, command of the language, oratory skills, and overall impact of the speech.
- Participants are allowed to speak either in English or in Hindi.
- There is no limitation on the number of participations from one institute.
- Participants creating any kind of indiscipline shall be disqualified at the judges’ discretion. The decision of the jury will be irrefutable and final.
- Participants thereby should adhere to the rules and regulations of the event.
- The round will be conducted in 2 sessions that would have the total participants divided into each session.
- The participants of each group shall be divided into two sub-groups: one representing the government’s MPs, and the other representing the opposition.
- Topic: “Distribution of Freebies by Political Parties”
- In this round, each participant will be given 4-5 minutes to speak on the given topic.
Date and Venue
- The competition shall be held on September 23, 2022 (Friday)
- Venue: Block A, Moot Court Hall, K R Mangalam University
- Time: 10:30 AM onwards
Only a bona fide, full-time student, who is enrolled in a degree program in any College/University/ Institution can register for the “1 st Inter-University Youth Parliamentary Debate Competition”.
“Distribution of Freebies by Political Parties”
Registration and Procedure
- Teams are requested to complete their registration by September 22, 2022 (Thursday).
- The registration fee is INR 100 which shall be paid through the payment details given at the end of this post.
- Payment details:
- The Participation fee will be paid by Online Mode.
- The details of Online Payment are as follows:
- ICICI BANK
- Account Name K. R. MANGALAM UNIVERSITY
- IFSC- ICIC0000911
- Account No.- 091101000622
- Or Fee Payment Via UPI
- Please note, after NEFT/RTGS/IMPS, kindly provide the following details by mail to [email protected].
- The registration shall be done by filling up the registration form.
Awards and Prizes
- Cash prizes worth Rs. 10,000, Trophy and certificate to First Prize; Second Prize; Third Prize
- Certificates will be provided to all the Participants.
In case of queries, contact:
- Faculty Coordinators:
- Ms. Khushboo Saraf, SOLS, KRMU
- Ms. Shruti Verma, SOLS, KRMU
- Student Coordinators:
- Mr. Akash Godara (8373987002)