ABOUT WEST BENGAL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF JURIDICAL SCIENCES
WBNUJS was established under the WBNUJS Act, 1999 (West Bengal Act IX of 1999) adopted by the West Bengal Legislature in July, 1999. The University was notified under Clause (f) of Section 2 of the UGC Act, 1956 in August 2004 and has been granted permanent affiliation by the Bar Council of India in July 2005.
The NUJS, Kolkata, along with the GNLU and NLSIU, Bengaluru, remain the only three national law schools which have the honourable Chief Justice of India as the Chancellor. This set-up provides an aura of exclusivity and rare stature to these National Law Schools in India. It may be noted that all other National Law Schools have the Chief Justice of the respective state High Courts as their Chancellors.
ABOUT THE INDIAN SOCIETY OF CRIMINOLOGY
The Indian Society of Criminology is a pioneer organization in the field of crime research and criminology in the nation. It was established in the year 1970, with the objective that the study and application of Criminology as a scientific discipline should be implemented in a broad scale in the society. The society boasts a membership of hundreds of members, both from India and abroad, comprising of criminologists, sociologists, psychologists, politicians, advocates, judges, social workers, and academicians.
Theme of the Conference
Reimagining Criminology and Criminal Justice in the Context of Changing Paradigm of Science and Technology
- Development of criminology in the 21st century
- Role of judiciary in recognising science and technology
- Use of technology in combating organised and white-collar crimes
- Contemporary scientific developments towards crime detection and prevention
- Identifying patterns in criminal occurrence
- Artificial intelligence and crime prevention
- Cybercrimes and cyber forensics: a new era of technology and risks
- Scientific techniques in combating mob-lynching and organized crime
- Science & technology for women and children: Serving justice to most susceptible victims
- Technological intervention in human trafficking investigation
- New avenues of biotechnology for administration of criminal Justice
- Humanitarian forensics in disaster victim identification: current trends and challenges
- Human Rights, Criminal Justice System and Technological Development
WHO CAN ATTEND
The 43rd All India Criminology Conference is open for academicians, researchers, practitioners, and professionals otherwise engaged in the criminology and criminal justice sectors as well as interested learners and students. It is aimed that it will serve as a platform for a healthy discussion and exchange of ideas related to the role of science and technology in contemporary criminal activities.
PAPER SUBMISSION & REGISTRATION
Participants are requested to send their full papers at the time of registration for the Conference.
The full papers should be between 3,000-8,000 words in length, and should be accompanied with an abstract of not more than 300 words.
The papers may fall under any of the provided sub-themes for the Conference, or be related to any other topic related to the broad theme of the Conference.
The last date for submitting papers as well as registration is 15th September.
However, registration and submission may still be done till 15th October, with a late fee.
Post that date, no further registrations will be accepted.
For all information related to the Conference, registration, and submission of papers, participants should refer to www.nujs.edu.
THE INDIAN SOCIETY OF CRIMINOLOGY (ISC): CALL FOR AWARDS
The ISC has instituted various awards in order to recognize the contributions of the academician and practitioners since, its inception (for details please visit the website www.isc70.in):
- The ISC – Kumarappa- Reckless Award was instituted in the year 1973 in order to recognize a person who has made significant contributions to teaching, research or administration (practitioner) in the broad field of Criminology or Criminal Justice Administration.
- The ISC- Dr. B.S. Haikerwal and Professor Sushil Chandra Award for the Senior Social Scientist was instituted in the year 1989 to be presented to a senior social scientist for his /her contribution to criminology in the broad field of social sciences.
- The ISC – Professor S.S. Srivastava Award for Excellence in Teaching and Research in Criminologywas instituted in the year 2005 to identify persons who have significantly contributed in Teaching and Research in Criminology.
- Fellow of the Indian Society of Criminology (FISC) are awarded to the persons who have helped to advance the objects of the society through the channel of the Indian Society of Criminology by participating in its activities and facilitating its growth.
Awards will be presented to the awardees during the inaugural and awards function of the 43rd All India Criminology Conference of the Indian Society of Criminology to be held on Thursday, 15th December, 2022 at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata.
Deadline: 15 November, 2022
Nominations, supporting credentials and CV may be sent to the Secretary, ISC at his official email: [email protected], mentioning the Award Nomination in the subject of the email. Award committee constituted by the Indian Society of Criminology will decide the awardees.
The delegate fee for the Conference will be as below:
|Up to 15th September:|
|Foreign Delegate||USD 150|
|Students/Research Scholars||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Accompanying Person (Maximum One)||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Between 15th September – 15th October:|
|Foreign Delegate||USD 200|
|Students/Research Scholars||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Accompanying Person (Maximum One)||Rs. 2,500/-|
For any query, the participants are requested to contact the Organising Committee via the relevant email IDs:
- Registration related Query: Ms. Kanchan Yadav ([email protected], +91 96744 20377)
- Accommodation & Transportation related Query: Mr. Sovan Chaudhuri ([email protected], +919231541830)
- Paper submission related Query: Mr. Atul Alexander ([email protected], +91 90432 67555)
- Publication related Queries: Dr. Sanjit Kr. Chakraboty ([email protected], +91 9433884920)
- Any other Query: Dr. Sarfaraz Ahmed Khan ([email protected], +91 98317 3614
FOR MORE INFORMATION: CLICK HERE