About the Organisers
About Law Mantra Trust: “Law Mantra” (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organisation running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same. Law Mantra is a registered society under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 whose members are leaders and members from the legal fraternity, other professions with a nexus to conflict resolution, academics and experts from various fields who are committed to resolve conflicts and disputes using innovative mechanisms and methods such as Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiations and Arbitration. Law Mantra is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
About Rajiv Gandhi National Law University of Law, Punjab: The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, to fulfill the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. RGNUL started functioning from its Headquarters-Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala w.e.f. 26 May 2006. The University acquired approval of the Bar Council of India (BCI) in July 2006. The University also got registered with the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi under Section 2(f) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to obtain grant from the (UGC) under Section 12-B of the UGC Act, 1956. RGNUL operated from heritage building of the erstwhile Patiala State, Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala (from 2006 to 2013) located in the heart of Patiala city in a pollution free environment. The University was accredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2015. RGNUL, Punjab was granted autonomy under UGC Regulations, Clause 5 Dimensions of Autonomy for Category-II Universities in April 2018. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, ranked RGNUL the first amongst the cleanest Higher Educational Institutions, Swachh Campus (2019) in the category of Government Residential Universities.
About Center for Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights (CIIPR): Centre for Innovation in Intellectual Property Rights (CIIPR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, was constituted and has been working since July, 2021. RGNUL, Punjab aims at teaching and promoting research in the IPR specialization course which is to synergize all types of IPRs in all the fields of sciences, technologies, engineering and another field of studies. CIIPR has been tasked to promote research based on a multidisciplinary approach in the field of Intellectual Property.
About Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Panta : Chanakya National Law University (CNLU) is a public law school and a National Law University in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar (Bihar Act 24 of 2006) as a public university dedicated to the field of legal education. The Chief Justice of Patna High Court is the ex officio chancellor of the university. It is one of the autonomous law schools in India.
Centre for Innovation Research and Facilitation (CIRF) in Intellectual Property for Humanity and Development (IPHD) of CNLU, aims to encourage research and innovation in IP and interconnected areas, i.e. Entrepreneurship, Sports, Tourism and Human Rights, through this centre.The centre will strive for the cause of economic development of the people of Bihar in particular and all the persons /innovators in general in IP and inter-connected areas -entrepreneurship, sports, tourism and ultimately Human development by protecting Human Rights.
The International Seminar on “Contemporary Issues in Intellectual Property Rights” is taking place on 28th & 29th July, 2023 Online. The International Seminar on Contemporary Issues in Intellectual Property Rights is being organized by Law Mantra Trust and Centre for Innovation Research and Facilitation (CIRF) in Intellectual Property for Humanity and Development (IPHD) of CNLU.
The Seminar aims to examine and analyze the Contemporary Issues in Intellectual Property Rights of today’s times. The International Seminar will be attended by various international delegates and speakers as also representatives from the national Diaspora representing the stakeholders in the digital ecosystem and alive web. These would include representatives from the Central Government & State Governments, various Ministries, Law Enforcement Agencies, Police, Business, Information Technology, Corporate Sector, Academicians, Scholars, Service Providers, International Organizations and distinguished thought leaders.
The intellectual property is a creation of mind. It is in the form of copyright, patents, Trademarks, design, integrated circuit layout design, trade secret, and geographical indications, bio-technological inventions, traditional knowledge, inventions related to plant varieties, farmers and plant breeders rights. Every types of intellectual creation is socio-economic oriented.
To provide a platform for stakeholders like organizations working at international and national levels, legislatures, civil societies, researchers, practitioners, academicians, activists and policy makers to deliberate and discuss what is required to build strategies and address the constraints in inclusive practices towards the betterment of the society.
The Organizing Committee welcomes original papers, relating to, but not limited to the following topics:
- National and International IPR Policies
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property Rights
- Patent and Its Issue
- Copy Right Law in India
- Trade Mark: Counterfeiting and Infringement of Trademarks
- Law Related to Industrial Design and Issues
- Geographical Indications: Geographical Indication and Issue of Duplicity, Infringement and unfair competition
- Plant Variety Protection: Breeders’ Rights and PVPFR
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above-mentioned theme.
Procedure for Submission of Abstracts:
- Abstract (of about 250 words) should be sent as an attachment in a word file. Abstracts will be peer reviewed before they are accepted.
- The following information, in the given format, should be send along with the Abstract:
- Name of the Participant, Official Designation/Institution Details, Address and Email id, Title of Abstract
- Submit your abstract to [email protected]
Guidelines for Paper Submission:
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to The Indian Law Institute, New Delhi Style;
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 Minimum Keywords;
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected;
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra;
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes).
Selected will be published in book bearing ISBN, International Journal of Legal Research and Governance (Print Journal) bearing ISSN and Law Mantra Journal. (If Paper will Selected for Publication in Book bearing ISBN, Contributor have to Contact Publisher and will have to pay charge if any one wishes to procure Hard Copy of Book as per bill raised by Publisher ).
REGISTRATION FEE FOR PRESENTATION OF PAPER
|Faculty/Professional/Research Scholar/Other||Rs 1500/-|
Both Author and Co-Author have to pay indiviually.
|Submission of Abstract||25th June|
|Confirmation of Abstract Selection||5th July|
|Submission of Draft Paper||25th July|
|Seminar Date||28th July-29th July, 2023|
|Submission of Final Paper||29th September, 2023|
|Publication of Selected Paper||By August, 2024|
Who Should Attend?
Students, Research Scholars/Faculties/Academicians, Corporate Delegates, Business entities, Lawyers.
Rules for the Presentation:
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission respectively;
- Participants/Paper Presenters have to register after the acceptance of abstract with payment of required fees;
- For participation, registration is mandatory on confirmation of the participation. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in Conference;
- All the registered participants will be provided a participation certificate;
- Event will be hosted through Zoom/Cisco-Webex or any other Online Platform.;
- Technical Session will be organized through Google Meet/ Zoom/Cisco-Webex or any other Online Platform.
- Prof. (Dr.) Subhash Chandra Roy, Professor of Law & Dean Research and Development; Director, Centre for Innovation, Research & Facilitation(CIRF) in Intellectual Property for Humanity & Development (IPHD);Coordinator IQAC CNLU, Patna (Convenor)
- Dr. Geetika Walia, Associate Professor of Law, Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Punjab. (Member)
- Dr. Bhavna Batra, Vice-President (Academics) Law Mantra Trust. (Member)
- Dr. Shiva Satish, Assistant Professor of Law, Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Punjab. (Member)
- Dr. Shailedra Kumar, Trustee Law Mantra Trust. (Member)
- Mr. Aditya Mishra, Managing Trustee, Law Mantra Trust. (Member)
HELPLINE:+91-9310053923 (Law Mantra Office)
TO REGISTER AS ATTENDEE CLICK HERE
Email: [email protected] Website: www.lawmantra.org