ABOUT Indian Institute of Legal Studies, Siliguri, West Bengal, India :
The Indian Institute of Legal Studies situated at the foothills of the Himalayas in the Terai-Dooars confluence bestowing it with natural landscape, sharing boundaries with the SAARC nations. The Indian Institute of Legal Studies is affiliated to the University of North Bengal and is approved by the Bar Council of India and recognized under Sections 2(f) & 12 (B) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. The Institute is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The Institute offers Undergraduate Law programs for 5 years integrated courses in B.A. LL. B. (Hons), B.com. LL.B. (Hons.) and B.B.A. LL-B. (Hons.) and 3 years LL.B. It offers Post Graduation courses of 2 years LL.M. program and 2 years Master’s program in Public Administration and Governance.
The Details Of The Opportunity are as follow :
- Job Post:
- Associate Professor (Law)
- Assistant Professor (Law)
- Last date to apply:3rd June 2023
- Salary: As per the UGC norms.
- Essential Eligibility(For Associate Professor): A good academic record:
- with a mandatory PhD Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines
- a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) with UGC-NET/JRF/SET.
- with additional requirement of minimum of 8 years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals.
- Essential Eligibility(For Assistant Professor): A good academic record:
- with a PhD Degree in the concerned /allied/relevant disciplines or
- a Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) with UGC-NET/JRF/SET (candidates with 2-3 years experience are preferred).
Provided, the candidates registered for the PhD programme prior to July 11, 2OO9 shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such PhD candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/ SLET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions.
- The PhD degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The PhD thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open PhD viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her PhD work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/ CSR or any similar agency
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
- Application Process: Interested candidates are required to submit their application along with updated CV to [email protected] within midnight of June 03, 2023 and Candidates shall enclose the following documents:
- Good Quality Scan copy of SSLC Certificate / Submit their Proof of Age. (.pdf file)
- Good Quality Scanned copy of UG / PG Certificates; PhD /NET/JRF Degree (Pdf file).
- Good Quality Scan copy of Consolidated or Semester wise mark Sheets (pdf file)
- Good Quality Scan copy of All Previous Experience Certificates (Teaching, Industry & Research) (.pdf file)
- Good Quality scan copy of pay slip of last pay drawn or salary certificate or Bank statement (pdf file)
- Good Quality Scan copy of: One passport Size photograph
- Updated Resume (pdf file)
- Important Information Regarding Interview:
- Selection Committee shall be appointed as per UGC Norms
- Tentative date of interview: Between 17th – 24th June, 2023
- The shortlisted candidates will be communicated in due course of time.
- Place of interview: College Premises, Indian Institute of Legal Studies, Siliguri, West Bengal India, 734002.
For More Information:
For any query email at [email protected]
CLICK HERE To Visit The IILS Website