ABOUT THE DIGITAL LEGAL LITERACY – DISSEMINATION AND ASSESSMENT PROJECT
Access to Justice has been recognized as an essential facet of human development. India’s judicial and legal system has many strengths: excellent constitutional and legal safeguards for access to justice; well-established institutions; an independent judiciary, a vibrant voluntary sector, and an independent media.
The Centre for Environmental Law, Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA),
National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru has been granted a TwoYear Project on ‘Digital Legal Literacy – Dissemination and Assessment’. The project is focusing on the dissemination of legal literacy and is being implemented in aspiration districts across 6 States of India namely – Maharashtra, Odisha, Bihar, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, and Karnataka. The main objectives of the project include the following:
- Dissemination of Legal Literacy on a Mass Level.
- Creation of an overall communication strategy including digital/social media platforms.
- Strategizing Effective and Sustainable legal awareness campaigns.
- Conceptualizing and conducting workshops and legal aid competitions event coverage and launches related to the program.
- Conceptualizing and conducting Youth Connect Workshops by planning events in colleges/schools and institutions.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL LEVEL LEGAL AID CLINIC COMPETITION
The Legal Aid Clinic Competition shall be a 4 (four) month-pronged Competition. Further, access to legal education is a necessary corollary to the right to free legal aid. With the advancement of digital technologies, this right has become all the more accessible.
Legal aid clinics, particularly those functioning under the aegis of educational institutions, play a pivotal role in improving community access to legal information and education and in engaging the youth in mass literacy dissemination efforts.
AWARDS & PRIZES
|WINNERS – BEST LEGAL AID CLINIC||INR 25,000|
|FIRST RUNNERS UP – BEST LEGAL AID CLINIC||INR 20,000|
|SECOND RUNNERS UP – BEST LEGAL AID CLINIC||INR 15,000|
|BEST FACULTY COORDINATOR AWARD||INR 10,000|
|BEST ALL INDIA LEGAL AID CLINIC STUDENT LAWYERS||INR 10,000|
THE COMPETITION SHALL COMPRISE OF SIX CORE DELIVERABLES WHICH SHALL INCLUDE
(i) ACCESS TO LEGAL AID: PRISON CLINIC
(ii) LOK ADALAT
(iii)ENGAGEMENT WITH STREET VENDORS
(iv) NON-PROFIT PARTNERING
(v) SPEED- MENTORING
(vi) FINAL REPORT
TIMELINE OF THE COMPETITION & IMPORTANT DATES
|MAY 22, 2023||RELEASE OF THE COMPETITION|
|JUNE 20, 2023||LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION|
|JULY 01, 2023||LAUNCH OF THE COMPETITION|
|AUGUST 30, 2023||SUBMISSION I: SPEED MENTORING VIDEOS & REPORT ON STREET VENDOR ENGAGEMENT|
|OCTOBER 15, 2023||SUBMISSION II: VIDEO RECORDINGS OF NON-PROFIT PARTNERING, REPORT ON LOK ADALAT ENGAGEMENT AND REPORT ON PRISON CLINIC|
|JULY –OCTOBER 2023||FOUR ONLINE LEGAL AID WORKSHOPS|
|OCTOBER 30, 2023||SUBMISSION III: SUBMISSION OF FINAL REPORT|
|NOVEMBER 26, 2023||ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARDS & FELICITATION CEREMONY|
WHO CAN REGISTER FOR THE COMPETITION?
The Legal Aid Competition is open to all clubs and legal aid Clinics/committees housed in any institute. We encourage Management, Commerce institutions also to partake in this competition. NSS, NCC, Scouts Units are also encouraged to participate in this competition.
The representatives of the participating institutions for all purposes and for the entire duration of the competition shall comprise the following:
- 1 Faculty Coordinator/Advisor/NCC/NSS Officer
- 1 Student Coordinator
- Maximum of 08 other students, who will formulate the Core Team
- Other Students, whose participation may be certified by the Participating Institution
REGISTRATION FEE & REGISTRATION LINK
- The registration fee for a team is INR 5,000/- (Rupees Five Thousand Only).
- Institutions interested in participating in the competition may register by filling in the Google form, the link for which is attached below
- Registration link: https://forms.gle/Bc3AA6267d4kAeCw7
For further details refer to the brochure: