The National Law University Delhi, established in 2008 by Act No.1 of 2008 of the National Capital Territory of Delhi and with the initiative of the High Court of Delhi, is a premier Law University established in India.
In a short span of a decade’s time, NLU Delhi has reached a zenith position of being ranked as the 2nd Best Law School in India by the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2018 and 2019 rankings, consecutively for two years.
The vision of the university is to create a global legal institution that will compete with the best outside India and prepare lawyers for a legal career that introduces them to a wide range of opportunities in the legal profession across the globe.
About the Job
- The National Law University –Delhi (NLUD) is seeking to engage a part-time researcher to work for a period of six months (extendable depending on additional grants) to work on an Industry-Academia partnership research project on Business, Sustainability, and Mining.
- The Research Fellow would be expected to assist with organizing two workshops, design a training manual for mining professionals, and work on a research proposal for future projects aligned with the present project on Business, Mining, and Sustainability.
- They are looking for a post-doctoral candidate for an industry-academia research project on Mining, Business, and Sustainability.
- They are looking for a motivated candidate with a background in business and human rights or environmental law working on issues of natural resources and sustainability.
- The responsibilities of the Research Fellow inter alia include:
- Develop and build an extensive research database and literature review of international best practices on Mining, Business, and Sustainability;
- Contribute to the larger research project;
- Undertake fieldwork for the purposes of research;
- Organize workshops to present research findings and publish reports;
- Collate, analyze, and publish findings of the research;
- Participate in and contribute to the overall work at NLUD;
- Undertake administrative or any other work that may be necessary with regard to the research project.
- Ph.D. degree in law or any related social sciences; any additional work experience will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Business and Human Rights, Environmental law, and Sustainability as a concept.
- English proficiency and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Application Deadline
- 5 p.m. on June 25, 2023.
- How to Apply?
- Interested persons may send their résumé and a brief statement outlining the likely contributions to their work. The statement of purpose must not exceed 500 words. The resume, writing sample, and statement of purpose have to be sent by filling out the form at the link given at the end of this post and attaching the relevant documents.
- Click here to apply.