TNSJA is a non-profit institution governed by High Court, Madras. The Academy is funded by Tamil Nadu Government and was set up on 23 April 2001.
The yearlong Induction Training of Judicial Officers prioritizes the significance of a fair, efficient, accessible, and transparent Judicial system. TNSJA facilitates upskilling all kinds of judicial officers and law enforcement agencies in the State. It often conducts various programs/conferences and workshops to hone the skills of Judges in the administration of Justice.
Number of Vacancies
For Practising Advocates/ Pleaders and Assistant Public Prosecutors
- Must possess a Degree in Law from a University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a State Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission, or any other equivalent qualification and got enrolled in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu or in the Bar Council of any other State in India; And
- Must be practicing as an Advocate or Pleader in any Court on the date of Notification for recruitment to the post and must have so practiced for a period of not less than 3 years on such date; Or
- Must be an Assistant Public Prosecutor having not less than 3 years of experience as an Advocate and/or Assistant public prosecutor.
For Fresh Law Graduates
- Must be a fresh Law Graduate possessing a degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Must be eligible to be enrolled as an Advocate.
- Must have secured an overall percentage of marks in acquiring the Bachelor’s Degree of Law as below:-
- 45% Marks in case of Reserved Categories (i.e. SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs(OBCMs), and BCMs).
- 50% Marks in case of Open Category (i.e. Others).
- Must have obtained the Bachelor’s Degree of Law within a period of three years prior to the date of Notification.
- Should possess adequate knowledge to read, write and speak in English and Tamil.
Note: Applicants who have enrolled as Advocates, but do not possess three years of practice at the Bar would be eligible to appear in the recruitment for the post of Civil Judge, under the category of Fresh Law Graduates, provided they satisfy the other requisite eligibility criteria.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should apply through the link given at the end of the post and complete their one-time registration.
- Registration Fees: Rs. 150/-
- Preliminary Examination Fee: Rs. 100/-
- Mains Exam Fee: Rs. 200/-
Scheme of Examination
The selection process comprises three successive stages, viz., (A) Preliminary Examination for selection of applicants for admission to the Main Examination, (B) Main Examination; and (C) Viva–Voce Test.
- Prelims Exams: August 19, 2023
- Mains Exam (Translation Paper & Law Paper I): October 28, 2023
- Mains Exam (Law Paper II & Law Paper III): October 29, 2023