The National Investigation Agency is a specialized counter-terrorism law enforcement agency in India. The agency is empowered to deal with the investigation of terror-related crimes across states without special permission from the states under a written proclamation from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
About the Opportunity
This is a full-time government job with a probation period of 1 year. The experience required for this job role is 7 years.
Number of Positions
23 (SC-02, ST-01, OBC-05, EWS02, UR-13) (PwBD-01)*
To look after all legal matters of the National Investigation Agency which will include conducting cases in courts, legal vetting of various documents, giving legal opinions, drafting and preparation of legal correspondence, handling appeals and revisions, etc.
- Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Basic knowledge of word processing on computers and the internet.
- Seven years of practice as an Advocate in conducting criminal cases or seven years experience in State Judicial Service or Legal Department of State or Central Government.
- The Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
- The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes if, at any stage of selection, the Union Public Service Commission is of the opinion that the sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
Interested applicants may apply through the link provided at the end of the post.
July 13, 2023
National Investigation Agency HQ, New Delhi with all India service liability.