About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate for the role of Vice President – Assistant General Counsel will have the opportunity to play a critical role in the success of several market-leading businesses, where the role of the in-house lawyer is vital to the success of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and acts as the Team Lead for the EMEA Banking Legal Team in Mumbai.
- Builds and manages key relationship stakeholders in the legal department as well as Sales, Credit Risk, Client Service, Business Management and Operations and external Clients in EMEA.
- A qualified lawyer in India with 10 years of PQE (additional qualification in England and Wales or other common law jurisdiction will be viewed favourably) and relevant experience gained at a leading domestic or international law firm and/or leading financial institution.
- Has a successful track record of coaching, and mentoring team members and leadership skills including attracting, developing, and retaining talent.
- Mature personality with skills and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Pragmatic with the ability to strike an appropriate balance between achieving the commercial goals of the business while protecting the interests of JPMorgan as a whole.
- Ability to timely and appropriately identify risks and escalate issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Confident and proactive with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build a close rapport with internal stakeholders across Sales, Product, Client Service, Operation, Risk and Compliance functions across jurisdictions.
- Ability to adapt and apply legal skills in new contexts, to new businesses and subjects in which one may not have prior relevant experience, and willingness to develop and excel beyond his/ her comfort zone; and
- Ability to manage competing priorities, project-manage and coordinate large projects, in a dynamic global environment.
- Team player, confident and proactive with strong interpersonal skills.
- Lawyers must be qualified and eligible to practice law in the jurisdiction in which the position is based.
- The candidate must successfully complete a conflict of interest clearance review prior to the commencement of employment.
Applying procedure :
Interested candidates can apply through the link given below.