Who Is The Organiser?
Oriental University is the first self-financed Private University of Indore established in 2011. Oriental Group is one of the top names in education in Central India since 1995. Oriental Group the most sought – after name for quality education in Madhya Pradesh. Oriental University is spread over 77 acres of lush green sprawling campus on Indore-Ujjain highway near the international airport and new proposed railway station. The philosophy of Oriental University (OU) is to contribute in a broader sphere, thereby offering diverse courses in Agriculture, Management, Law, Pharmacy, Education, Engineering and ITI.
Faculty of Law is a constituent unit of Oriental University, Indore, established with the objective of bringing intellectual awakening and overall development of people of our country through education. It aims to be a self-sustaining institution of higher learning and research in quality legal education transcending national boundaries which is intellectually stimulating and imbibes a culture of justice in young professionals.
Code F Solutions is an ISO 9001:2015 and MSME-certified private Forensic organization having a skilled hand in providing confidential private investigations and special investigation services to individuals, Law firms, Insurance Companies, Financial Institutions, Private Business holders & Government officials, etc. They also provide hands-on training and supply customized forensic kits and standard equipment to government and private entities. Their extensive experience, training, and knowledge enable them to provide a winning edge. Their endeavor is to provide their clients the professional and reliable forensic solutions based on ground evidence with assured confidentiality.
The 1st Dr. K. L. Thakral National Moot Court Competition is being organized by the faculty of Law, Oriental University, Indore in collaboration with their Knowledge Partner, Code F Solutions. The competition will be held in two phases, with Phase 1 taking place from 14th to 15th September, 2023, in an online mode. From this phase, 8 teams will be selected to advance to the higher rounds in Phase 2, which will be conducted offline on 13th and 14th October, 2023.
What Are The Details Of The Competition?
- Date of the event:
- Prelims: 15th September 2023 (Online)
- Finals: 13th & 14th October 2023 (Offline)
- Venue: Faculty of Law, Oriental University, Opposite Revti Range, Gate No. 1, Sanwer Road, Jakhya, Indore (M.P.) Pin- 453555
- All students enrolled bona fide in an undergraduate i.e., 3 years/ 5 years, and post-graduate law program conducted by any college or university shall be eligible for participation in the competition.
- Each College/University/Institution shall be allowed to register only one team in the competition.
- The participating team shall comprise a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team of two members, both members shall be designated as Speakers. In a team of three members, two members shall be designated as Speakers and the third member of the team shall be designated as a Researcher.
- Any change in the composition of the team will not be entertained once the memorials have been submitted except in cases of medical emergencies or as per the discretion of the Organizer.
- No additional student member is allowed to accompany the team. However, a team coach (Law Faculty) from the participating College/ University/ Institution may accompany the team. Additional accommodation charges will be applicable under such circumstances.
- Registration form: CLICK HERE to fill out the registration form. Teams are required to duly fill out the registration form. Before filling out the registration form, the payment shall be made to the following UPI ID given in the brochure and a screenshot shall be uploaded in the Google form. After successful registration and payment, the team will receive a confirmation mail.
- Last date of Registration and Payment of Fees: 21 August 2023 [23:59 IST]
- Registration fee: The amount specified below is applicable to one team comprising 2/3 members.
- Registration for Competition(To be paid by each participating team): INR 3,000
- Accommodation Fees(To be paid by the Qualifying Teams only) INR 4,500
- Extra charges: Faculty Escort accompanying the team (if any): INR 2,000
- Important dates:
- Release of Moot Proposition 22 July 2023
- Allotment of Team Codes 23 August 2023
- Last date of clarification of Moot Proposition: 28 August 2023
- Last date of submitting the Softcopy Memorial 11 September 2023 [23:59 IST]
- Researcher’s Test [ONLINE]14 September 2023
- Prelims Round [ONLINE] 15 September 2023
- Result: Declaration of List of Qualifying Teams 16 September 2023
- Last date of payment of remaining amount [Qualified Teams only] 21 September 2023
- Release of 1st Waiting List 22 September 2023
- Last date of payment of remaining amount [Waitlisted Teams only from 1st Waiting List] 26 September 2023[23:59 IST]
- Release of 2nd Waiting List 27 September 2023
- Last date of payment of remaining amount [Waitlisted Teams only from 2nd Waiting List] 30 September 2023[23:59 IST]
- Last date of receipt of HardcopyMemorial 07 October 2023
- Quarter Final Round + Semi Final Round [CAMPUS] 13 October 2023
- Final Round + Valedictory Ceremony[CAMPUS] 14 October 2023
- WINNERS: Rs. 20,000 + Certificate Course on Insurance Fraud Investigation + Internship opportunity on Forensic Analysis of Evidences at Code F Solutions
- RUNNER UPS: Rs. 10,000 + Internship opportunity onForensic Analysis of Evidences at Code F Solutions
- BEST SPEAKER: Rs. 5,000 + Internship opportunity on Forensic Analysis of Evidences at Code F Solutions
- BEST RESEARCHER: Rs. 5,000 + Internship opportunity on Forensic Analysis of Evidences at Code F Solutions
- BEST MEMORIAL: Rs. 5,000 + Internship opportunity on Forensic Analysis of Evidences at Code F Solutions
- *Certificate Course worth Rs. 2499/- per student.
- *Internship costing Rs. 3499/- per student.
- For More Information:
- The official email id for all the correspondence is [email protected]
CLICK HERE To Visit Faculty of Law, Oriental University Website