About the Organiser
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as a constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short span of time, it has emerged as one of the premier legal institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity.
Its mission is to equip the students with the skills to comprehend and diagnose the intricacies of various legal and other interdisciplinary issues and devise solutions to these problems through analysis and reasoning.
The stimulating and interactive academic environment of the Institute helps to hone the Drafting, Research, Advocacy, Interviewing, and Negotiation- skills of the students. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute.
About the Competition
The 6th Surana & Surana and UILS National Environment Law Moot Court Competition, 2023 has been envisaged with the aim of creating opportunities for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in Environment Law besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy.
Since its inception, the competition has seen significant expansion, with strong participation from across the country. The institution has hosted each edition with zeal and intensity and intends to continue the tradition this year with the same enthusiasm for learning.
Students pursuing their full-time 3-year LLB (or) 5-year LLB program from a University or Institute recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to apply. A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the competition.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers or any other justifiable circumstances.
- Each team will be provided a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- The National Administrator for the purposes of this competition will be The Director of UILS, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Interested candidates may register through the link provided at the end of this post and mail the same to [email protected] with the approval letter and the receipt of the payment.
- Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis. No temporary registration requests will be entertained. Kindly refrain from sending such requests to Surana & Surana or UILS.
- Participants will receive an automated system-generated acknowledgment on the successful submission of registration. Participants will receive approval as acceptance of their request for participation by August 23, 2023, or earlier.
A registration fee of Rs. 1500 is to be paid online by 22 August 2023 at: Director, UILS
- Account No. 10444979993
- IFS Code SBIN0000742
- SBI, Sector 14
- Panjab University
Receipt of the online payment to be sent by email to: [email protected]. Fees once paid will not be refunded.
- Last Date of Online Registration: August 22, 2023.
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials: August 25, 2023.
- Orientation & Preliminary Round 1: September 1, 2023.
- Preliminary 2/Quarterfinals/Semi-Finals: September 2, 2023.
- Finals & Valedictory and Prize Distribution: September 3, 2023.
- The 6thSurana & Surana & UILS Environment Law Moot Court Competition, 2023 shall be held virtually.
- Winner: Rs. 10,000.
- Runner’s up: Rs.7,000.
- Best Memorial: Rs. 4,000.
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 3,000.
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 4,000.
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 2,000.
- All participants will be issued participation certificates.
- Important Links
- Click here for the Rules.
- Click here for the Casedata.
- Click here to register.