Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a statutory University established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003.
About the Conference
GNLU through its Centre for Law and Economics (CLE) has been working towards the creation of interest and awareness in legal study using economic tools. Pursuing this aim, the current edition of CLE aims to promote students/research scholars and professionals having an avid interest in the field of law and economics.
- Basic Areas of Law and Economics: property, contract, tort law and product liability, forensic economics, criminal law, civil law, common law, constitutional and election law.
- Economic Analysis of Litigations: causes of delays/pendency in judicial administration, costs of delays, out of court settlements, judicial reforms, legal procedures, the legal system and illegal behavior, enforcement of law.
- International Law (Public and Private): international trade, law and development, environmental law, human rights law.
- Regulation and Business Law: antitrust, business and securities, regulated industries, business and cyber, real estate.
- Macroeconomics and Law: use of economic tools in public policy analysis.
- Law and Finance: financial sector reforms in India, formation of monetary policy, cyber crimes, stock market regulations, sovereign bonds, corporate and banking bankruptcy, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), tax evasion, black money, Basel and financial stability board norms, WTO and financial services.
- Market Regulators: Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI), Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI), Competition Commission of India (CCI), Consumer Protection Authority (CPA), Financial Sector Legislative Reforms Commission.
- Other Substantive Areas of Law and Economics: labor, energy, environmental, health and safety, international tax, family and personal, immigration.
- Economical Analysis of Contemporary Legal Developments: for instance: anti-defection law, etc.
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Economics and Management.
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Statistics
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Public Policy
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Development Studies
- Students pursuing Five-Year/Three-Year LLB Discipline
- Students pursuing One-Year/Two-Year LLM Discipline
- Research Scholars pursuing Ph.D in the Interdisciplinary Study of Law and Economics
- Academicians teaching and researching in the interdisciplinary study of law and economics
- Professionals working in Banking, Finance or Economics field
- 1st Prize to Best Paper Presentation at the Conference: 20,000 (INR) Cash Prize and Publication in GNLU Journal of Law and Economics.
- 2nd Prize to Second Best Paper Presentation at the Conference: 15,000 (INR) Cash Prize.
- 3rd Prize to Third Best Paper Presentation at the Conference: 10,000 (INR) Cash Prize
SUBMISSION GUIDELINE :
- The word limit for Original Papers is 3500-6500 words (excluding footnotes and title).
- The Papers have to be submitted in Microsoft Word (Doc./Docx.) formats only.
- Formatting Guidelines
- The body of the manuscript must be in “Times New Roman” font only.
- Font Size: 12 (Line spacing 1.5 and alignment “justify”).
- Footnotes: All footnotes must be in font “Times New Roman”, font size 10, single line spacing.
- All submissions must follow the The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edition)
- How to submit?
- Click the link provided below to Submit.
- Registration Fees
- GNLU Students (No accommodation): 1000/- (INR)
- Students and Research Scholars: 2000/- (INR)
- Academicians and Professionals: 3000/- (INR)
- Foreign Students and Research Scholars: 40 (USD)
- Foreign Academicians and Professionals: 80 (USD)
- Submission of Full Paper: 15th October 2023
- Confirmation of Acceptance: 15th November 2023
- Last date of Registration and Payment: 25th November 2023
- Submission of PowerPoint Presentation: 25th November 2023
In case of any query, please contact: [email protected]