Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies established in the year 2013, is a centre of excellence in legal education affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala and approved by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi
About the Competition
The Gender Justice Forum Committee of Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies is proud to announce a national online essay writing competition. This competition is a platform for law students and budding lawyers of the country to critically evaluate the contemporary legal issues.
Students pursuing LL.B. Integral/Unitary and LLM course from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate.
Gender Justice and Uniform Civil Code
- Authors must strictly follow the guidelines failing which their submission may not be considered.
- The soft copy of essay must be emailed to administrators at [email protected]. The submissions must be in both Word (.doc/.docx) and PDF (.pdf) formats.
- Every entry must compulsorily include a covering letter from the Head of the institution with the Name of the student, Details of Course and Semester, Name of the Institution, University, e-mail id, address and mobile phone number.
- Language: English
- Word Limit: 4000 words including footnotes
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and 1inch margin on all side.
- Headings must be formatted in Times New Roman, font size 14, with 1.5 line spacing, and must be bold.
- Subheadings must be formatted in Times New Roman, font size 14, with 1.5 line spacing, and must be underlined in Small Caps.
- Footnotes must be formatted in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
- All submissions made shall conform to Bluebook 20th edition, citation standards.
- The name of the document shall be the name of the student.
- The essay should be the original work of the author & must not have been published elsewhere.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of an essay. Plagiarism higher than 25% shall be disqualified in the preliminary round of evaluation
Last Date for submission: Sep.15, 2023
Results declaration: Oct.10, 2023
First Prize: Certificate and cash prize of Rs.5,000
Second Prize: Certificate and cash prize of Rs.3,000
Third Prize: Certificate and cash prize of Rs.2,000
In addition to the above, the top 10 entries will receive a Certificate of Merit.
EVALUATION OF ESSAYS
A Panel of Evaluators shall be constituted to evaluate and select the winning entries and the decision of the Panel shall be final and binding
1. Every essay shall be evaluated on a scale of 100.
2. The following shall be the criteria of evaluation:
Clarity of Thought and Originality 20
Proper and Articulate Analysis 20
Organization and Presentation 20
Grammar and Language 20
- The participants must sent their entries through e-mail. Entries sent without the covering letter from the Head of the institution will not be taken into consideration.
- Interested participants may register for the competition first through the link provided.
- Entries have to be sent through email [email protected]
By participating in the competition, the participants agrees to protect the administrators from and against any claims, suits and consequences caused by any claim of copyright violation, plagiarism or unauthorized use
The administrators reserve the absolute rights to cancel, defer or postpone indefinitely, the competition in an event accruing to any contingency, natural or man-made.
In case of any dispute, the decision of the organizers shall be final and binding and is not liable to any clarification to any of the participants regarding evaluation of his/her essay.