Himachal Pradesh National Law University Shimla is an Indian public law school and a National Law University located at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India. It is the 20th National Law University established in India. NLU Shimla is governed by High Court of Himachal Pradesh.
The university is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and ranked 5 among NLU’s by CLAT Cutoff list. At present, the university provides students with undergraduate programs, postgraduate programs and doctoral programs.
About the Opportunity
Centre for Intellectual Property, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, is launching the maiden issue of its annual publication, Intellectual Property and Innovation Review (IPIR) (Volume 1). It is is an annual double blind peer-reviewed journal of the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla.
The Journal (IPIR) aims to disseminate high-quality research articles that contribute to a deeper understanding of the theoretical, practical, and evolving aspects of intellectual property rights highlighting the deeper understanding of how intellectual property frameworks interact with traditional knowledge systems, cultural heritage, and indigenous practices.
There is no specific or particular theme(s) or topic(s) for the Volume. All submissions, relating to different kinds of Intellectual Property Rights directly or otherwise, are welcome.
All contributions have to be submitted in electronic form. The manuscript should be typed in MS Office double spaced, with a left margin of one and half inches, and sent to: [email protected]
- Theme: There is no specific or particular theme(s) or topic(s) for the Volume. All submissions, relating to different kinds of Intellectual Property Rights directly or otherwise, are welcome.
- Abstract: Abstract of the paper in 250-300 words should be sent along with the electronic submissions.
- Covering Letter: Author(s) must send a covering letter mentioning the title of the paper, name, designation, and details of the author(s) as well as institutional affiliation. The author(s) are compulsorily required to make a solemn declaration about the originality of the manuscript and that the same has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Communication of Acceptance: The decision on the acceptance of the paper for publication will be that of the Editorial Board, which shall be final. The communication shall be made electronically. The Editorial Board reserves the right of publication and a manuscript maybe rejected from publication in the final stage(s).
- Citation: For citation and references, the HPNLU Citation Style or the Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edn.), should be strictly followed. The HPNLU Citation-Style is available here. It can also be used for the paper in case of any confusion vis-a-vis format and footnoting.
- Lengthy Quotations discouraged: Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep it at minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgement.
- Footnotes: Lengthy and multi-paragraphed footnotes are discouraged. The citations must mention the page(s) of the source and in cases where Court Judgments are referred to the footnotes should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Websites: Only authoritative and authentic websites may be cited. References to internet sources, such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
How to submit?
The manuscript should be typed in MS Office double spaced, with a left margin of one and half inches, and sent to: [email protected].
For any queries, feel free to write at [email protected]