Established in 2003, Hidayatullah National Law University has completed the journey of more than one and half a decade. In such a short span of time, HNLU has carved out a niche in the realm of legal education across India and the legacy is soaring towards newer heights day by day. HNLU is the sixth in the series of National Law Schools across India.
HNLU has been included in the list of the Universities maintained by the University Grants Commission under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to receive Central assistance in terms of the rules framed under Section 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The university is recognized by the Bar Council of India under section 7 of the Advocates Act 1961. Dharma Sansthapanartham meaning ‘for the sake of establishing the primacy of the laws of eternal values.’
About the Opportunity
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur invites submissions for its forthcoming Volume IX of HNLU JLSS. The journal welcomes and intends to promote authors from various backgrounds having a strong interface with law. HNLU JLSS endeavors to cradle research among the legal academia, lawyers, students, research scholars and domain experts. It promotes thought-provoking analysis and discussions on contemporary legal and socio-political issues. It is also an attempt to provide a standard platform for quality research papers.
Law and Social Science
- Articles (5000 to 10000 words, inclusive of footnotes) – Papers comprehensively analyzing a theme.
- Essays (3000 to 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes) – Papers concisely analyzing specific contemporary issues.
- Case notes and/or Legislative Commentaries (2000 to 7000 words, inclusive of footnotes).
- Book Reviews: Between 2,000 to 3,000 words
- The submissions should be original works of the authors and must not be published elsewhere. Submissions with plagiarized content and copyright issues will not be accepted for publication.
- By sending the submissions to the Hidayatullah National Law University, the author(s) agree to assign exclusive copyright in the work to University. It shall be entitled to, without limitation, publish and produce the submission (or part(s) thereof) in any manner it sees fit (with due acknowledgment to the author) subject to the doctrine of fair use as enumerated under the Indian Copyright Act.
- The editors reserve the right to edit the submissions or part(s) thereof) for publication without permission from or further notice to the author.
- After initial screening, short-listed submissions will go through a double-blind peer-review process and the final selection will be based on that procedure.
- Font Type and Size of the main text must be Times New Roman, 12.
- Font Type and Size of footnotes must be Times New Roman, 10.
- Line Spacing of the main text and footnotes must be 1.5 and 1 respectively.
- Use of headings and Sub-Headings is encouraged. Headings and Sub-Headings should be numbered, should be of the same font type and size as the main text, and should be in bold.
- Page borders and ‘All caps’ in the titles and sub-titles must be avoided.
How to submit?
Interested candidates may submit through the link provided at the end of the post.
For any queries, feel free to write to [email protected]