UNDP offers attractive paid positions in several areas for the sole purpose of promoting global development. Around 170 countries are part of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), which is the leading development promotion agency of the UN. UNDP interns have a tremendous opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience working with qualified, well-trained, and exceedingly experienced mentors and supervisors to achieve the goals of the UNDP. The organization works towards a better future for humanity by addressing issues such as eradicating poverty, reducing inequities and exclusion, and empowering countries to embark on sustainable development and growth.
UNDP Internship Program Details:
- Host Organization: United Nation Development Program
- Program Locations: UNDP Country Offices, at Regional Hubs or Headquarters in New York.
- Internship Type: Full-time/Part-time (Paid)
- Eligible Countries: All
- Deadline: Varies
What are the Benefits of the UNDP Internship Program 2021-2022?
- The UNDP interns would receive a monthly stipend.
- UNDP interns receive a monthly stipend to cover costs associated with the internship. Stipend amounts can vary from one duty station to another.
- There are chances that interns will be assigned to UNDP or to the UN system in the future.
- Additionally, interns may receive financial aid from their nominating institutions or the government.
Eligibility Criteria for the UNDP Internships:
- Applicants from all over the world may apply for the UNDP internships.
- Candidates can either be enrolled in a graduate program or have earned a second university degree, or they can be in the final academic year of their first university degree.
- The candidate should have fluency in at least one of UNDP’s three working languages: French, English, and Spanish.
- The knowledge of Arabic, Portuguese, Russian, or another Eastern European language would be advantageous.
- The candidates should be able to demonstrate their relevance to UNDP programs.
- At the time of application, the candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work with people from different languages, national, and cultural backgrounds.
The application deadline to apply for the UNDP internship varies according to each internship program.
How to Apply for the UNDP Internship Program?
- Candidates must submit their applications only via UNDP’s website.
- Internship opportunities at UNDP are listed in the UNDP Job Section.
- Please select an area of interest and then click “Apply.”.
- Please ensure that you follow the specific deadline for the internship program, as each internship has a different and exclusive deadline.
- If you wish to apply to more than one program, you must register separately for each program.
To apply, click here
For more details, visit here