Regarding Rayat College of Law
The benchmark institution in Punjab, Rayat College of Law, Railmajra S.B.S. Nagar, offers a 5-Year Integrated B. A./B. Com. LL.B. (Hons.) program for legal education. In order to provide the students with professional skills, it regularly organizes research and extracurricular activities like National Moot Court Competitions, Guest Lectures by illustrious individuals, and various programs that are more practically oriented, such as Legal Awareness Camps and student participation in ParaLegal Activities.
Concerning the Opportunity
The institution is quite happy to announce the competition’s 11th iteration, scheduled for 2023.The event will take place on November 4 and 5, 2023.
- Each participant is responsible for making their own arrangements for ties, coats, and other formal attire.
- Students must avoid interacting with the judges and keeping their identities and the names of their colleges a secret. Any such attempt will automatically disqualify the player. Teams will only be able to identify themselves to the judges using the codes that were provided to them when they submitted their memorials.
- English shall be the court’s official language.
- Within the boundaries of acknowledged standards of judicial practice, the court will adhere to its own set of procedural regulations.
- The court’s ruling shall be final on any issues of uncertainty or disagreement regarding the course of events.Each team is required to act with the utmost respect and decency in the courtroom. According to the judgement of the presenting judges, inappropriate behavior in the courtroom or obvious contempt for the rules will result in immediate disqualification or a penalty of 5 points for the defaulting team.
- Scouting of any kind is absolutely forbidden.
- No person directly connected to a team or team member is allowed to attend a round in which the team in question did not compete during preliminary rounds.
- The organizers have the last say in how the regulations should be interpreted and applied in terms of competition practice and procedures.
- With advance notice to all registered teams, the organizing committee maintains the right to amend or change the rules and regulations.
Each Team must pay a registration fee of Rs. 1200.
Release of proposition: 20 September 2023
Last date for seeking clarifications: 20 October 2023
Last date for Registration: 15 October 2023
Last date for receiving a soft copy of the memorial : 27 October 2023
Researchers test : 3 November 2023
Preliminary rounds : 4 November 2023
Semi-finals, Final, Valediction & Prize distribution : 5 November 2023
Link to register
Link to rule book is here.
Link to moot proposition is here.
Link to brochure is here.