University Law College, Gauhati University, Assam
The University Law College, established in the year 1948, is a constituent college of the Gauhati University and is the deemed Department of Law. The College is conveniently located at Jalukbari within the Gauhati University Campus. The college has a glorious past and can now look back with pride that this college was headed by some of the distinguished legal luminaries such as J. Baruah who was the pioneer of legal education in Assam, Sarat K. Dutta who later became the Chief Justice and Vice-Chancellor, Jagadish Medhi, the then Advocate General of Assam, Mukunda Kam. Sharma, once a part-time Lecturer of this College, who was later the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, and recently elevated as a Judge of the Supreme Court of India. Besides, many of the teachers of this college adorned both the Bench and the Bar.
Walk-in-interview for the position of Teaching Associate(s) (on purely temporary basis) in the Department of Unlversity Law College, G.U. will be held as per the procedure and details given below. Interested candidates having eligibility as per the UGC Regulation, 2018 may appear in the interview with all relevant original certificates/documents, a set of which is to be submitted (self-attested) on the date of interview.
The Details Of The Opportunity
- No. of Positions: 2 (Two)
- Mode of Interview: Walk-in-interview at 11:00 AM
- Last date of application submission:
- Submission of online application : 22 May, 2023 (Revised)
- Submission of hardcopy of application : 5 June, 2023
- Essential qualification: LL.M with NET/SLET
- Application form: CLICK HERE to fill the application form
- General Information/ Instructions:
- Venue for the walk-in-interview/Reporting and document verification: Conference Room, Olfice of the Secretary, University Classes, Gauhati University Campus. The candidates should bring their applications with an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with relevant original certificates/documents and a set of self-attested copies of the certificates. Document verification from 1O.3O A.M. to 11.OO A.M. on the day of interview i.e. 25.O5.2O23. Interview will be held from 11.OO A.M onwards as per the date given. No separate call letter for walk-in-interviews will be issued to the candidates. No T.A./D.A. will be admissible for attending the walk-in-interview. Change in the schedule of the interview, if any, will be displayed only on the website of the University.
- Remuneration for the post of Teaching Associates (purely temporary) will be Rs. 23,OOO/- fixed per month.
- The appointment will be initially for 6 (six) months. In case no qualified applicants are found for any position, the University reserves the right to appoint suitable candidates fit and required.
- For selected applicants service extension is strictly subject to requirement and satisfaction of Gauhati University.
For More Information:
CLICK HERE For The Notification
CLICK HERE For More Details About The Opportunity
CLICK HERE To Visit The University Law College, Gauhati University Website