Hidayatullah National Law University, a premier institute for legal education and research is celebrating its 20th Year of establishment. The University’s motto, ‘Dharma Sansthapanartham,’ translates to ‘for the sake of establishing the primacy of laws of eternal values.’ In line with this ethos, HNLU strives to provide advanced legal education that shapes students into more than just legal professionals; it instils in them a profound responsibility to contribute to society. The University has launched several innovative programmes in the last few years like Lex Osmose, Ex Arca, HNLU Press, Sui Generis, HEXA, HAAI and R-HaS.
About School of Law & Technology/ Centre for WTO-WIPO Studies
The School of Law and Technology (SLT) is the Research Hub of HNLU, which is mandated with research, teaching, and advocacy in
the fields of intellectual property, privacy & data protection, cyber security, digital commerce, artificial intelligence, and policy impact
on trade, commerce, & society. The school and its centres undertake research projects on the policy and practice of the above segments
of the technology & law interface. The Centre for WTO-WIPO Studies promotes research and analysis on international trade policies and
IPRs within the framework of the WTO and WIPO. It aims to advance knowledge in these crucial domains, facilitate informed
policymaking, and promote global cooperation to address interconnected issues.
About the Programme:
As we approach 2023, we look forward to commemorating the seventy-fifth year of the multilateral trading system (MTS), which was formerly referred to as the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT). Over time, this system transformed into the World Trade Organization (WTO), which was officially formed in 1995. However, its roots can be traced back to 1st January 1948, when GATT was initially put into practice. The origin and development of the multilateral trading system is considered the greatest economic achievements of the post-World War II era, and recently Professor Ralph Ossa, Chief Economist and Director of the Economic Research and Statistics Division at the World Trade Organization observed that “a strong multilateral trading system is the best guarantor of economic security.”
Call for Research Papers
Research papers in English are invited from academicians, researchers, professionals, practitioners, and students in the fields of law, economics, International Trade, International Economic Law, WTO studies, environmental studies, business studies, social sciences, sustainability, or any other stream related to the areas on the broader themes as given below.
Themes for Research Paper Presentations:
1. Geopolitical Dynamics and International Trade
2. International Trade and Global Health
3. Trade and Sustainable Development
4. Trade and Women’s Economic Empowerment
5. Multilateralism vis-à-vis Regionalism
6. Food Security and Trade Liberalization
7. International Trade and Investment
8. Competition Policy and International Trade
9. Trade and Intellectual Property Rights
10. E-commerce and Digital Trade
11. Tariff and Non-Tariff Barriers to Trade
12. Trade and Human Rights
13. Unfair Trade and Trade Remedies
14. WTO in crisis and suggestive reforms
▪ The themes are suggestive and not exhaustive. Research papers not covered under the above themes but relevant to
the thrust area may also be considered.
▪ The short-listed papers will be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN.
Registration Fees for Participation
For Academicians and Professionals: INR 2000
For Research Scholars and Students: INR 1500
For Academicians and Professionals: 30 USD
For Research Scholars and Students: 20 USD
▪ Upon registering for the First International Capacity-Building Programme and Research Summit, participants will receive a
confirmation email as mentioned above containing a Google form for submitting research papers.
▪ There is NO REGISTRATION fee for the research paper presentations. However, only short-listed papers as submitted by registered participants for the programme shall be allowed to be presented in technical sessions.
▪ Co-authorship shall NOT be allowed.
Registration Link: Click the link given below: